Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - featuring RAMI on vocals!

Great job guys! love the guitars. the drums sound really good, they have the deep jungle sound ACDC was known for. They are one of my top 5 favorite bands, I killed alot of brain cells to them back in the day. Great job Rami! how about Sin City next? lol:D

Again ... when I listen to anything done by Greg or Rami ... all I do is sit back, relax, and enjoy the performance. There is almost never anything to comment on regarding production -- because they really are not prone to making errors in their works.

This is another case of just that.

Great job, fellas.

Great job guys! love the guitars. the drums sound really good, they have the deep jungle sound ACDC was known for. They are one of my top 5 favorite bands, I killed alot of brain cells to them back in the day. Great job Rami! how about Sin City next? lol:D

Again ... when I listen to anything done by Greg or Rami ... all I do is sit back, relax, and enjoy the performance. There is almost never anything to comment on regarding production -- because they really are not prone to making errors in their works.

This is another case of just that.

Great job, fellas.

Thanks a lot guys. :)

I haven't checked the mp3 clinic for ages, but this was a great song guys. Good job on the vocals Rami! And those drums are straight sexy, Greg. :thumbs up:

I haven't checked the mp3 clinic for ages, but this was a great song guys. Good job on the vocals Rami! And those drums are straight sexy, Greg. :thumbs up:
Thanks dude. :)

Slacker. ;)

[so how were the results of the test? passed?]

I think so, overall. I like the guitars but I think I'd dial in a little more bite and play it better if I were to do it again. I do like the lead. I like the drums a lot.

I haven't read any comments, so I apologize for any redundancy. ahem...

Your drums are blowing my mind... and I do drums for a living. snappy, full of body, precise, etc...

I'm done. I quit. I'm shaming the good name of drummers everywhere.

A-frickin'-mazing, dude.

recording is really well done, drums are so good, of course the guitars nailed the band...thats a interesting vocal tracking, with the backing dirty deeds chorus like thing. really well done, geeez.

acdc was probably the biggest band in my highschool days for a year or so...i dont know how it happened really? probably live then that transferred into someone buying the tapes/albums and that spread them around?

sometimes "messing around recordings" come out the best, imo. maybe due to being more open minded and creative, to do something new. babblebabble babble babble...

this well done stuff makes HR really threatening to the big studios... could of used more cowbell though, got to have more cowbell.

I haven't read any comments, so I apologize for any redundancy. ahem...

Your drums are blowing my mind... and I do drums for a living. snappy, full of body, precise, etc...

I'm done. I quit. I'm shaming the good name of drummers everywhere.

A-frickin'-mazing, dude.
Lol. Thanks but relax, you're a better drummer than I am. What do you mean you "do drums for a living"?

recording is really well done, drums are so good, of course the guitars nailed the band...thats a interesting vocal tracking, with the backing dirty deeds chorus like thing. really well done, geeez.

acdc was probably the biggest band in my highschool days for a year or so...i dont know how it happened really? probably live then that transferred into someone buying the tapes/albums and that spread them around?

sometimes "messing around recordings" come out the best, imo. maybe due to being more open minded and creative, to do something new. babblebabble babble babble...

this well done stuff makes HR really threatening to the big studios... could of used more cowbell though, got to have more cowbell.
Thanks dude. I don't think home recording will ever threaten big studios, but I'd love for it to put a big dent in the chickenshit medium studios. I just received a whole album's worth of drum tracks done at one of Houston's local medium budget studios, and they are shit. I gotta make sense of them.

Lol. Thanks but relax, you're a better drummer than I am. What do you mean you "do drums for a living"?

hehe... Honestly? I'm embarrassed to say it, but only because the drum sound I get always seems to fall short of the ones you put out (and I think mine are pretty good)... Anyway, yeah.. I programmed computers for 15 years, but had a studio-room in my basement where I would record clients from time to time. I started that in 2009, right around the time I joined this forum, and you taught me how to record drums properly. So, that continued until 2011, and at that time, I was getting so busy in the studio, I had to decide to either quit studio work, or quit programming full-time. I decided to quit programming, built a "medium" studio ;) in a new house and have been specializing in acoustic drum recording for the past 2 years.

Hopefully some day I can get mine up to par with yours, dude. Seriously... It kind of makes me sick how good your drums sound. :cursing:

***goes running out the door yelling "Someeee daaay, you baaassst..."*** :laughings:

hehe... Honestly? I'm embarrassed to say it, but only because the drum sound I get always seems to fall short of the ones you put out (and I think mine are pretty good)... Anyway, yeah.. I programmed computers for 15 years, but had a studio-room in my basement where I would record clients from time to time. I started that in 2009, right around the time I joined this forum, and you taught me how to record drums properly. So, that continued until 2011, and at that time, I was getting so busy in the studio, I had to decide to either quit studio work, or quit programming full-time. I decided to quit programming, built a "medium" studio ;) in a new house and have been specializing in acoustic drum recording for the past 2 years.

Hopefully some day I can get mine up to par with yours, dude. Seriously... It kind of makes me sick how good your drums sound. :cursing:

***goes running out the door yelling "Someeee daaay, you baaassst..."*** :laughings:

Well thanks for the compliments. I had a big long response typed out about drums-for-hire, but fuck it, no one wants to read all that. If you got people throwing money at you, take it. You must be doing something right.

I can't even guess how many times I've openly and happily given away drum recording "secrets" and principles. Not like I'm some guru, but just because if someone thinks my drums sound good, I'll tell you why. I wrote that drum sticky because my PM inbox was constantly being bombarded with drum questions. I'm tired of talking about it. No one listens. No one wants to do the stuff that actually matters. Everyone reaches for the magic plug-in or DAW trick. And what's worse is trying to shoot down and debunk all the other total bullshit "ideas" others have about tracking drums. Then you hear their tracks and they sound like total dogshit. Fuck it.

I was going to suggest that PoeticIntensity hires you to come out and help setup a drum recording session in his studio, Greg. Utah's not so far from Texas, right?!

have been specializing in acoustic drum recording for the past 2 years.

Just out of curiosity, how much of a living do you make out of this? Do you mean you play for other people, or you have a studio where drummers can come record their tracks?

I was going to suggest that PoeticIntensity hires you to come out and help setup a drum recording session in his studio, Greg. Utah's not so far from Texas, right?!

Lol, it's right down the street!

I've heard PI's drums. I don't really know what to think about them because they're always mixed by someone else. He's a great drummer, that much is for sure. Very competent with the sticks. But I hear things in his tracks that I'd personally do differently if anyone cared. The problem for me is that I don't know if it's something he needs to address on his tracking end, or if his tracks are getting mangled by whoever is mixing them.

I hear things in his tracks that I'd personally do differently if anyone cared. The problem for me is that I don't know if it's something he needs to address on his tracking end, or if his tracks are getting mangled by whoever is mixing them.
That's why I asked about making a living with it. I've always refrained from commenting on anything Po has played on because, like you say, it's always on someone else's tune with someone else mixing.

Lol, it's right down the street!

It's like, two states along - that's nothing! I'm looking at the map - which bit of Houston are you in?

Greg_L said:
Most people can't mix drum tracks - even good ones.

I've been mixing those drums you sent me - I don't have to do anything to them and they sound great (a bit of levels and eq here and there to let the kick & snare through) - I'm sure others would make more of them, but they sound fine without any processing (of course, I've smashed the master bus with some 'mastering').

It's like, two states along - that's nothing! I'm looking at the map - which bit of Houston are you in?
I'm on the far west side, in Katy. My little burb is like the last outpost of greater Houston's urban sprawl. After Katy, it's the vast nothingness of Texas until you hit San Antonio 3 hours later. Texas is a big place. It takes about 12 hours to go from state line to state line. Utah would be about a full 24 hour drive or more.

I've been mixing those drums you sent me - I don't have to do anything to them and they sound great (a bit of levels and eq here and there to let the kick & snare through) - I'm sure others would make more of them, but they sound fine without any processing (of course, I've smashed the master bus with some 'mastering').
Cool man, I'm glad they'll work out for you. Leveling, panning, EQ, and compression are all standard drum mixing things to do. Don't be afraid to massage them as needed. Just don't go overboard. That's one area where people fuck it all up.

One thing I've kind of been thinking about maybe giving a try is an online reamping service. Reamping is all the rage right now for people that can't do or afford big loud mega amp sound. Reamping is kind of lame, but it beats the shit out of sims. I've got a pile of classic and modern megawatt Marshalls, three 4x12 cabs loaded with a variety of the most popular Celestion speakers, and a modest but typical assortment of cab mics. If you want big authentic Marshall roar through legit cabs, I'm your guy! Just send me some direct tracks and I'll reamp that shit....for a fee. :thumbs up:

One thing I've kind of been thinking about maybe giving a try is an online reamping service. Reamping is all the rage right now for people that can't do or afford big loud mega amp sound. Reamping is kind of lame, but it beats the shit out of sims. I've got a pile of classic and modern megawatt Marshalls, three 4x12 cabs loaded with a variety of the most popular Celestion speakers, and a modest but typical assortment of cab mics. If you want big authentic Marshall roar through legit cabs, I'm your guy! Just send me some direct tracks and I'll reamp that shit....for a fee. :thumbs up:

I thought of this after I heard your AC/DC cover - maybe I could just record something and ask you to pump it through one of your massive rigs.

I see Katy on the map. Everything else in Houston seems to be named after George Bush!

Back