The "CHALLENGE" thread.

Well, this calls for some sort of revenge, obviously. Can you fuck his wife?

I was assuming you were kidding before when you said you planned to acquire a Richenbacker to do this song. I don't know that much about guitars. Are the sounds really that different between different them? Isn't the amp more important when it comes to tone? I was able to find a decent Motorhead knockoff tone on the one I stuck under "Shot by both sides" the other day. I mean, for our purposes here, anyway. :)

I did take note that you mentioned a tendency to overdo things, though. I call that going "balls out" and regard it as a good trait. Of course, as the topic is Motorhead, we must refer to it as OVERKILL. :)

Nothing sounds quite like a Ricky bass on full chat through a valve amp. And his wife's a minger. I wouldn't touch it with yours. :D

I'm into rock music, and I play everything. If it isn't rock, i'm likely to make it rock anyway.... is that cheating?

Hey, if that's cheating, then I'm the biggest whore since...

I gotta start reading the garbage articles more often. I can't even think of any famous whores.

Hey NTB,

Cool interpretation . Great sounding track to. I loved the humor and stories in this thread. Very cool idea, I bet some of tracks that come out of this will be fantastic !

Jojo

Hey NTB,

I loved the humor and stories in this thread.

Jojo

As long as you know that I was serious about Bubba screwing his buddy's wife as vengeance.

Thanks, by the way. You've heard the worst of what will come out of this thread, at least from the guys who've been posting so far.

How about "London Calling" by the Clash? :)

madmush, what are some of your favorite bands?

I keep wanting to call you "Mushmouth". I think it's all this Bill Cosby coverage. Hey hey hey! :)

I was never that into the Clash, but I liked a few of their faster songs, like Complete Control. And for some reason, I like that freaking disco song they did... I think it was Magnificent Seven? It gets you boogie-ing!

Obviously, Bubba, this is your thread and the decision is 100% yours (and I guess madmush's, huh?). Feel no need to take any suggestions I make, and feel free to say so if you think any are outright stupid. Never any need to stand on ceremony with me! :)

Last edited:
My all time favourite band is The Clash :D I made a cover of London Calling a few years ago. Maybe ten... I'd do it but it wouldn't be much of a stretch ;) except for the wilderbeast howling before the solo (or was it supposed to be seagulls?). OK, I'll do it.

I'm steeped in first wave punkrock. Clash, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, Buzzcocks.

The Motorhead copy is fun.
The guitar isn't quite there but, as said, it was fun to hear a Lemmy cover.
The other track link fails.

Are The Dead Kennedys actually 1st wave?
the 1st album was 1980 so 2nd wave of US punk and in line with the already booming New Wave in the UK.

My all time favourite band is The Clash :D I made a cover of London Calling a few years ago. Maybe ten... I'd do it but it wouldn't be much of a stretch ;) except for the wilderbeast howling before the solo (or was it supposed to be seagulls?). OK, I'll do it.

I'm steeped in first wave punkrock. Clash, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, Buzzcocks.

I like this guy.

LOL, Amazing. Well if you want to do something else, how about White man in Hammersmith Palais? :D

I've been experimenting with my challenge, and have decided that, as I always do absolutely faithful covers usually, I'm not doing that this time around. Stay tuned. :D

DK time wise, OK, second wave.

But sound and attitude wise, first wave! "John Dillinger" could've been snatched right from the old DK days: made in 2013. Not that I mind second wave punkrock. Or even some third wave. But it's about time there was another wave.

Bubba, thanks for the rescue, I'll attempt White Man!

Right, you bunch of knobs - I've done my challenge! This is Motorhead's "Iron Fist", challenged by Greg L.

This has the scratch vocal on it, a hand-held SM58. I was going to re-do it with one of the Rodes, but in the end I couldn't be arsed.

NEXT!! :D

I am currently in hiding from Lemmy and Co. :D

Last edited:
Lol oh my God that was fucking amazing. I never would have dreamed of hearing it like that. Very nicely done! :D

You just won the thread.

Lol oh my God that was fucking amazing. I never would have dreamed of hearing it like that. Very nicely done! :D

You just won the thread.

Ha ha! Thanks, Greg, that means a lot. :D

In actual fact, I started to learn it in my usual way and I rapidly realised I wasn't going to be able to do it justice. The only option was to do something completely different. :)

The upload compressed the track and made the overheads massively bright and "washy" - I think I've fixed it.

Back