The best song you'll hear in the next.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RAMI

3 minutes and 28 seconds....:D

OK, it was strongly suggested to me that I should re-post this. I had posted it yesterday, but asked the mods to close/remove it.

I'm doing it under duress, but I've been told this tune HAS to be re-posted. Whatever. No big deal. Here it is. Let's see what happens...or doesn't happen. :)

MONKEE ME MONKEE YOU

I will listen at work tomorrow. Home internet doesn't reach my "studio" room. Er, bedroom. On mobile atm.

Sounds good dude. Nice rhythms as always. Ultra tight drumming. Epic breakdown at 2:04. Awesome change-up there dude. The guitar that comes in at 2:05 sounds really nice. That riff carries on until about 2:13 at which point it is replaced by two other guitars which fall back down to a build up thing. Those two guitars don't quite carry the line perfectly. The right channel is noticeably darker than the previous lead. Maybe that's for differentiation, which is fine, but I think one of them needs a little more sparkle (volume or 2.5kHz bite) to carry the strong lead line that was established at 2:05.

Lead vocals seem a touch low, particularly when they first come in.

Really great. A lot of change-ups and keeps going. Listened the first time and thought the vocals could come up a bit. Cranked it the 2nd time and vocals seem to sit in the pocket good. Might need to find a balance.

I haven't been into listening to music much lately, but I'm glad I gave this one a listen. :)

I went looking for this yesterday to relisten and see if my comments were off kilter with the facts.
It's great RAMI.

3 minutes and 28 seconds....:D

OK, it was strongly suggested to me that I should re-post this. I had posted it yesterday, but asked the mods to close/remove it.

I'm doing it under duress, but I've been told this tune HAS to be re-posted. Whatever. No big deal. Here it is. Let's see what happens...or doesn't happen. :)

MONKEE ME MONKEE YOU

You assume we have the patience to listen to an entire song before jumping to the next thread! Fortunately, I type slower than you play this time. :D

Seems really solid. I could probably find some nits with the mix, but I'd have to dig.

what's this site you're using? is it free? i can't open it still...work internet is blocking it. it'll open on lunch.

what's wrong w/ SC? the compression?

what's this site you're using? is it free? i can't open it still...work internet is blocking it. it'll open on lunch.

what's wrong w/ SC? the compression?
Why would I use SC? This is my own website. $20 a month. Never heard of anyone not being able to open my Mp3's.

Why would I use SC? This is my own website. $20 a month. Never heard of anyone not being able to open my Mp3's.

i see. yeah my work internet is blocking the website... it blocks stuff like shopping sites, music/streaming sites, social network sites. good to know, i guess. some new info for ya.

Really great. A lot of change-ups and keeps going. Listened the first time and thought the vocals could come up a bit. Cranked it the 2nd time and vocals seem to sit in the pocket good. Might need to find a balance.

I haven't been into listening to music much lately, but I'm glad I gave this one a listen. :)
Thanx Chili. You, and anyone else that's been here for years and has helped hundreds if not thousands of people, never have to apologize for not listening to anyone's music here. You, and anyone that's been here for years and has helped hundreds if not thousands of people, don't have to answer to anyone. :)

I went looking for this yesterday to relisten and see if my comments were off kilter with the facts.
It's great RAMI.
Thanx Ray. :)

You assume we have the patience to listen to an entire song before jumping to the next thread! Fortunately, I type slower than you play this time. :D

Seems really solid. I could probably find some nits with the mix, but I'd have to dig.
Then dig. Dig. :D Thanx man. I appreciate that.

Sounds good dude. Nice rhythms as always. Ultra tight drumming. Epic breakdown at 2:04. Awesome change-up there dude. The guitar that comes in at 2:05 sounds really nice. That riff carries on until about 2:13 at which point it is replaced by two other guitars which fall back down to a build up thing. Those two guitars don't quite carry the line perfectly. The right channel is noticeably darker than the previous lead. Maybe that's for differentiation, which is fine, but I think one of them needs a little more sparkle (volume or 2.5kHz bite) to carry the strong lead line that was established at 2:05.

Lead vocals seem a touch low, particularly when they first come in.
Thanx IBB. Those guitars you're talking about are actually the same guitars that play together starting at 2:05. I think it's even the same take. It's just that they play the same thing, and then separate and each do their own thing. I hear what you're saying, though. It might get weak once they each do their own thing.

i see. yeah my work internet is blocking the website... it blocks stuff like shopping sites, music/streaming sites, social network sites. good to know, i guess. some new info for ya.

I do know that once in a while, someone tells me they only have the one choice of downloading the tune. It should give the option of streaming or downloading. I think that's a browser thing.

Just out of curiosity, is this link blocked?

Music

Music

Web Page Blocked

Internet use policy prohibits access to this website at this time. Please reference the Employee Handbook or contact HR Director for more information. Click here to request access rights.

User:

URL: Music

Category: music

Web Page Blocked

Internet use policy prohibits access to this website at this time. Please reference the Employee Handbook or contact HR Director for more information. Click here to request access rights.

User:

URL: Music

Category: music
Wow! You got some serious security there. I've never heard of that happening with my website. It's just a regular www music website.

Music

I can get through. But this kind of thing (whether it's blocked or not) is highly dependent on what your employer decides to block. For example, I can get to Dropbox stuff at work but not SoundCloud. Dropbox probably has some legitimate work purposes, but not so much for SC.

I got your tune DL'd. I'll listen to it when my ears wake up.

That explains it. I guess my site would be considered a streaming site to a certain extent, even though it's more than just that.

I listened in the car on my drive to LA. My 5 year old LOVES it! :D
She was headbanging, making rock faces, playing air guitar, and at the end.........smashed her guitar!

Then said, I wanna hear it again. :D

You're a hit with the ladies.

I listened in the car on my drive to LA. My 5 year old LOVES it! :D
She was headbanging, making rock faces, playing air guitar, and at the end.........smashed her guitar!

Then said, I wanna hear it again. :D

You're a hit with the ladies.
Cool. 5 years old, huh? I got to do a Gary Glitter cover. :eek:

Thats a true story. :D

Aside from that, having my player set on random play, when your song comes on in the stream of other commercially recorded songs, it favorably stacks up.

Good sign. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back