Been a while! Here's a Beatles cover.

This is perfect voicing in the singing.
It's got John Lennon's phrasing, and perhaps yet a touch of Ringo Starr's nasal qualities.

This is perfect voicing in the singing.
It's got John Lennon's phrasing, and perhaps yet a touch of Ringo Starr's nasal qualities.
Thanx a lot, man. I don't know why I remember this, but I'm pretty sure I remember you once saying you hate the Beatles, so I appreciate that you listened and commented. :cool:

....and perhaps yet a touch of Ringo Starr's nasal qualities.

RAMI....don't now go recording a cover of Ringo's "Drumming is my Madness". :D

Thought you know, it being kind of a goofy song anyway, you might actually get a kick out of covering it.
I think the lyrics in it suit your persona....you like clownging around (I mean that in a nice way) :)

Can't really comment on the mix because I listened to it on my phone but I really like the cover. Great performance and vocal. Sounded very close to the original arrangement to me

Thanx a lot Jimi. :)

RAMI....don't now go recording a cover of Ringo's "Drumming is my Madness". :D

Thought you know, it being kind of a goofy song anyway, you might actually get a kick out of covering it.
I think the lyrics in it suit your persona....you like clownging around (I mean that in a nice way) :)
I'll have to check it out. I'm so not familiar with any of Ringo's stuff, he's always been a bit of a sideshow to me. But I'll check it out, might be a fun one to do.

Here then....check it out.
Not sure why, but I can really see you doing this and having some fun with it. :D

Not sure why, but I can really see you doing this and having some fun with it. :D

Cool, thanx. I'll check it out when I get home. No speakers here at work, so I can only see but not hear.

"I remember you once saying you hate the Beatles."

I was terribly naive, Rami.

Your Beatles one is very good.
Do you fancy singing "Do you think I'm sexy?" live? haha

Just listened to the Ringo tune. Sounds familiar now, vaguely rings a bell. It's a pretty cool groove, not sure if I can sing such corny lyrics, though, tongue-in-cheek or not. I think he's not even drumming on it, pretty sure it's Bill Keltner if my memory still works. Would probably be fun to put this together though.

I think the next cover I do will be this rather obscure song from the early 70's. I don't know what made me think of doing it, but I think it can be rocked up quite a bit, with guitars replacing the horns, etc....I used to love this when I was a kid: Ashton, Gardner & Dyke - "Resurrection Shuffle" - '70 - stereo - YouTube

Last edited:

I've had a strange enthusuasm for this song since I 1st heard it - & that was a cover version. Here they are "live". Putting face to voice.
Can't see RAMI as Ringo or being the drummer in Paper lace for that matter!

I've had a strange enthusuasm for this song since I 1st heard it - & that was a cover version. Here they are "live". Putting face to voice.

It can't be that strange an enthusiasm, cuz I have it too. I don't even know who they are, but they're good.

Humming makes me happy, or Coming make me happy?

If there's one other tune on the album as good as this I'd get it. I might anyway.

Thats a great cover ! .. Sounds really nice, and to me you captured the vibe and sound that The Beatles had . Great job. I agree with you on the snare sound. It's pretty close to the way Ringo had it tuned to for this one.

Thats a great cover ! .. Sounds really nice, and to me you captured the vibe and sound that The Beatles had . Great job. I agree with you on the snare sound. It's pretty close to the way Ringo had it tuned to for this one.
Thanx a lot. I'm glad you're referencing the original because I thought I came pretty close to the original snare sound, too.

Rami - nice job. As a Beatle's fan and someone who is "picky" about covers of their music, you did a nice job. Really like your vocals and harmonies in particular. And this is not an easy song to cover in my opinion. Again, good job.

Rami - nice job. As a Beatle's fan and someone who is "picky" about covers of their music, you did a nice job. Really like your vocals and harmonies in particular. And this is not an easy song to cover in my opinion. Again, good job.
Thanx a lot fire. :)

Yeah, the hardest part about the vocals wasn't actually singing them. It was figuring out what the backs were doing. They're not "obvious" harmonies. Luckily, I found THIS version. :cool:

Back