Worst sounding Cd's ever

Yeah I agree on the king diamond thing, the drums are scary. Also, I was listening to New American Gospel by Lamb of God last night, it's a little messed up on the mastering side as well.

I've been listening to "New Maps of Hell" by Bad Religion lately. There are some great songs on there, but I'd be surprised if it weren't twice as distorted as Death Magnetic.

Just me and my Jello pudding pops.;)

That line can also be found in the Tom Hanks movie *Lady Killers*

:D :laughings:

I'll have to see that! I've seen Fargo, Big Lebowski, O Brother, No Country For Old Men, Burn After Reading, and A Serious Man. Considering three of those rank in my top 20 favorite movies, I need to get more familiar with the Coens.

Yeah I agree on the king diamond thing, the drums are scary.

I can safely assume that Lemmy didn't hire Mikkey to play for Motorhead after listening to that album LOL, it would have been unfortunate because I saw them play together recently and Mikkey is one hell of a dynamic drummer - that album crucified him unfortunately

I'm voting for The Agony Scene's 'The Darkest Red'. You think 'Death Magnetic' is bad? 'The Darkest Red' has the worst, loudest, overlimited mastering job I've ever heard. I like the music, but the mastering fucked it all up. Like someone somewhere said "priority #1 is loudness, everything else can fuck off". You can hear the limiter pumping all the way through. Seriously, it's fucking terrible.

Last edited:
I was listening to some Tad earlier... some of their stuff is somewhat of a chore to listen to production wise .

:D :laughings:

I'll have to see that! I've seen Fargo, Big Lebowski, O Brother, No Country For Old Men, Burn After Reading, and A Serious Man. Considering three of those rank in my top 20 favorite movies, I need to get more familiar with the Coens.

Add "Raising Arizona" and "Blood Simple" to your list of Coen flicks to see. The trouble is that when you see Raising Arizona you will have to figure out which flick to move off of your favorite "top 20 favorite movies" to fit it in. ;)

I have a recording of Bach's St. Matthew Passions, conducted by Nikolaus Harnoncourt.

In some arias and other solos there is a very pronounced clipping on the solo alto voice. Completely ruins an otherwise great performance. How it got passed the recording engineers, and how it was OK'd by Harnoncourt, and especially by the singer himself (yes alto voice sang by a male, it is a castrato part), is beyond me...

(I am sure there will be some jokes on clipping now). :D

Californication- Red Hot Chili Peppers
Mastering was crazy, ruined it and the CD distorts on many playback systems.

Amen to that, I thought my speakers were cracked, but when I tried the CD in like 12 other PA systems, I found out the CD was really bad in term of mastering.

How about the remastered version of Bark At The Moon by Ozzy. I remember getting the CD when it became available and it rocked. The remastered version is weak and lacks any useable dynamics that the original had. Example, Now You See It in the original the sub drop on the drum was amazing, but nonexistent on the reissue.

Isn't it because they replaced the original bass and drums tracks? I heard that Ozzy's actual bassman and drummer re-recorded over the originals and replaced them...

I have a recording of Bach's St. Matthew Passions, conducted by Nikolaus Harnoncourt.

In some arias and other solos there is a very pronounced clipping on the solo alto voice. Completely ruins an otherwise great performance. How it got passed the recording engineers, and how it was OK'd by Harnoncourt, and especially by the singer himself (yes alto voice sang by a male, it is a castrato part), is beyond me...

(I am sure there will be some jokes on clipping now). :D

i'd imagine somebody got the sack

Any RAP or that hippity hoppity music.

:cool:

They are not talking about lyrics or anything like that. There is some bad songs that has a good mix or master on it.

But for those rap fans out there the worst mixed/mastered album ever is by the group Dirty name of the album is Love Us Or Hate Us

Isn't it because they replaced the original bass and drums tracks? I heard that Ozzy's actual bassman and drummer re-recorded over the originals and replaced them...

Why would they do that? I'm not sure if they did or didn't. Some of the guitar parts seem different as well. If that's the case they should have just redone the whole thing. Some things the engineers should just leave alone!!

So apparently Death Magnetic was certified double platinum, and someone interviewed Lars about it and mentioned the distorting problems - "I listen to this record, and I listen to it every couple of days," he said. "And when I hear it, it puts a smile on my face and it blows me away, and I don't understand what people are talking about. Somebody told me the other day that there were 12,000 people that had signed a petition to remix the record. We've sold two and a half million copies [worldwide] of 'Death Magnetic'. You do the math yourself." :rolleyes:

Watch in a while when the next Metallica record comes out they'll talk shit on Death Magnetic. It's the same thing they did with Load and Reload when St. Anger was coming out and the same thing they did with St. Anger was coming out (which, I know im in the minority but, I do like very much). They backed it so hard when it came out while everyone shat on it. Then when they were doing press for Death Magnetic all of them with the exception of Rob put it down from "I don't know what we were thinking" to "Yeah, it's a chore to listen to".
WTF?

But then again most major acts give us that "Our heaviest album ever" bullshit
$$$$$$$

They need to stop. Really. The guy can't sing anymore.
Same thing with U2.
Same thing with... name any band that was hot in the 80's.

There are other ways to make money.

It's like Michael Schumacher coming back to Formula1 after 3 years of silence and being out-raced by his teammate pretty much every race.

They should stop if for nothing else but to not tarnish the memories of their glory days.

I think it's silly for fans to expect them to stay the same over a period of a couple of decades, and anyone expecting Metallica to sound today like they did back in the early 80s should just take the needle out of their arms, because that's not how life works. Not because they can't "handle" it anymore, but because most people grow and evolve as they age. Not to mention they just get tired of doing the same old crap over and over again, unless they are doing it just for the cash.

Frankly I don't even understand why people who were into Metallica in the 80s even want them to sound the same today. You guys are 25 years older also; aren't you tired of the same old crap too?

G.

I think it's silly for fans to expect them to stay the same over a period of a couple of decades, and anyone expecting Metallica to sound today like they did back in the early 80s should just take the needle out of their arms, because that's not how life works. Not because they can't "handle" it anymore, but because most people grow and evolve as they age. Not to mention they just get tired of doing the same old crap over and over again, unless they are doing it just for the cash.

Frankly I don't even understand why people who were into Metallica in the 80s even want them to sound the same today. You guys are 25 years older also; aren't you tired of the same old crap too?

G.

Some things evolve, and some things just wear out ;) Metallica and U2 are not in the "evolved" column in my book.

Love Madonna or hate her, she has constantly evolved for example.

Ministry. Completely shifted direction. And were awesome both at the beginning "experimental" stuff and later more industrial metal stuff.

I'm fine with their changing. I just don't understand why they shit on their own albums. Whether the album is Kill Em All, Load, Death Magnetic, etc. In a way it's a slap to the people who do like them.
"Yeah, we made it, but we regret it."

Back