Software Pirating is compeletly out of hand

xstatic said:
Hate to burst your bubble about Pro Tools, but there has been ways around that stuff now for years.
is there really? wow. the scum of the music community managed that now..

and no matter what anyone says about PT- i love it. i'm comfortable with it and i see no reason to change.

xstatic said:
Hate to burst your bubble about Pro Tools, but there has been ways around that stuff now for years.

well then I still have yet to see it or heard of anyone doing it.
I'm sure it might be possible, but probably a lot more difficult than just cracking Nuendo or giving out correct serials to people.

TragikRemix said:
i've payed quite a bit for my apps and plugs, its not fair that these dickheads can have the exact thing i do.

That's exactly my point!

I scraped up a couple hundred bucks for the waves musicians bundle a good while ago... but I would see people at my old job with cheap Apex mic's, Cheap Beri Mixers and a PC with Waves Diamond Bundle and Audition or something of that nature. It just doesn't add up, something like a $60 dollar condenser mic, $75 dollar mixer, $400 recording software and $4,500 in plugins.

And they still can't use the plugs properly for the life of them, but you find the same d*ckheads on forums asking "how to use *this* plugin" from other pirates who don't know either and they share tons of "set your compressor at -25 thres. 10:1 with a .01 attack and 40ms release, that works for all vocals"...

Years ago Pro Tools was cracked with a crack that removed the hardware necessity as well as the track limitation.

xstatic said:
Years ago Pro Tools was cracked with a crack that removed the hardware necessity as well as the track limitation.
and how would you route your hardware into it?

i dont think its possible IMO. OK, so you can get around not having the hardware connected, but how do you get it to recognize your hardware?!

what do they track with something else, and then just mix in PT or something?

sounds retarted. if you want PT, buy a shitty mbox- that has to be one of the worst digi products, its way overpriced for so little features..

grrrr piraters (notice i didnt say pirates- pirates are cool ARGHHHHH!!, piraters are assholes.)

TragikRemix said:
i hate the fuckheads.

everyone in my school has a 'recording studio'. ive sold them most of the hardware from my store (or should i say conned them). they all have the same thing- Behringer UB802 mixer, choice of cheapass mic, and rca-1/8 cables..

they are big shots becuase they download software and lick ass crack at making music.

i hate them all. i've invested $17,000 into my studio and everyone thinks that these stupid bitches have 'studios'- always costs under $100, because there mommys won't give them any more than that... i've payed quite a bit for my apps and plugs, its not fair that these dickheads can have the exact thing i do.

i love when someone says they have pro tools and can't get it to work.

bravo to digi for making there software proprietary. gives me SOME individuality.

What I don't undersand is how someone at your age can have MADE $17,000, nevermind been able to dump it all into one thing. I mean, I worked my ass off since I was like, 14, and all my junior and senior year I worked full time 40 hours a week and after a car, insurance, and gas money, I maybe had $10K, and I am 2 years older than you.

i started working at 13, and since then, i've been working 25+ hours during the school year, and 50+ hours during the summer.

also, i make $9 an hour now at my current job, (off the books) which is nice money for a kid.

i've made about 30k, i have substantial savings and i spend money on consumables like its going out of style.

my family isnt rich or anything, but my dad makes a nicely comfortable living for us, so i work and its all mine, i dont work cause i need to or anything.

its very possible. having the incentive to do something, and the ambition to keep going is the best thing anyone could have. i'm very lucky to have that quality.

but my spending ways are coming to a close i feel.. i have to save a little more for a car for the spring, and then like you said, insurance, gas...

TragikRemix said:
. having the incentive to do something, and the ambition to keep going is the best thing anyone could have. i'm very lucky to have that quality.
Of course, not having to pay rent ant bills etc helps...
I've been living away from home since I was 15, I earn $27 an hour 35 hour weeks, and I still have to take out a bank loan every few months just to have somewhere to live and put food on the table. 12 grand down and another 3 grand application waiting to be approved.

watermelon said:
Of course, not having to pay rent ant bills etc helps...

absolutley. actually, its the only way its even possible.

like i said, come 18, its all over. i will have what i have, and have to make the best of it.

TragikRemix said:
i started working at 13, and since then, i've been working 25+ hours during the school year, and 50+ hours during the summer.

also, i make $9 an hour now at my current job, (off the books) which is nice money for a kid.

i've made about 30k, i have substantial savings and i spend money on consumables like its going out of style.

my family isnt rich or anything, but my dad makes a nicely comfortable living for us, so i work and its all mine, i dont work cause i need to or anything.

its very possible. having the incentive to do something, and the ambition to keep going is the best thing anyone could have. i'm very lucky to have that quality.

but my spending ways are coming to a close i feel.. i have to save a little more for a car for the spring, and then like you said, insurance, gas...

you're pulling in 10G's a year in High school... All for yourself. Your opinon of rich must be very interesting. Cause where I'm from, you're a rich kid. And BTW. $9/hr tax free is deffinately more than nice money "for a kid."

TragikRemix said:

no one buys this!!

its okay to admit being software pirate! noneed to lie to ppl...:)

and as far as pirating software... I honestly think this problem is OVER EXAGERATED!!! The people that get a bunch of free software for their $70 "studio mic" setup aren't really hurting anyone. Especially not the software companies that they wouldn't be paying in the first place. and the stuff that they make almost always sucks. There is a lot of crap now because it's easier and cheaper to record now than ever before. But it only makes the truely well done work stand out that much more. And since it makes things cheaper for me because the hardware companies can move more volume it doesn't really bother me.

Now I know this ins't a popular opinion but I think it's just sour grapes. If they really wanted to do meaningful copy protection they could (microsoft?)... but they don't. So they willingly accept a certain amount of piracy.

So yeah... I use wearz. Have since I got my hands on cool edit 1.2a way back in the day. In fact I still register all my warez to Peter Quistgaurd. I bet 85% of the rest of you use warez too. Sorry I don't have a rich daddy a legit recording career or any extra money but there's no way in Hell that's gonna stop me from making the best stuff I can.

Now if those kind people that pirate can help me out with some green to go against all the red that this shit is gonna bring I would appreciate it. :D

someone had to say it.

mrT said:
you're pulling in 10G's a year in High school... All for yourself. Your opinon of rich must be very interesting. Cause where I'm from, you're a rich kid. And BTW. $9/hr tax free is deffinately more than nice money "for a kid."
Likewise. I come from an extremely modest family, worked my ass off, and I brought in 3 times the money anyone else I knew did, and I know even if I saved all of it, I would not have come even close to 30 grand, even now, nevermind when I was what, 16-17? Also, I have training in carpentry which got me a job making $10 an hour packaging military equipment, and I still don't see that kind of money.

I don't know, I just don't see how that's possible without parental help. Christmas, birthdays? Something's gotta go for it. Either that or you've figured out something no one else has.

since when did this thread become a post about how much everyone makes?
And do the math people...$10K a year is extremely resonable for someone who is his age.
Averaging $9/hr. and working 25 hours a week...you get about 900 a month. Or $8,100 during a 9 month school year. Add another $5,400 for the summer months....take out the taxes.....very doable. I think I made somewhere around that when I was in high school/college working at a movie theater for $7.45. Thanks to extra hours, holiday season, and a side job I did once a year that paid a grand.

If I had no expenses I'd be spending it all on audio gear then too. I don't see how that makes him a "rich" kid....it just makes him someone who works for what he has. He sounds like me, parents don't just give him money so he has to work if he wants to buy anything.

$9 an hour is pretty average for a suburb community. My 18 year old sister was making $12 an hour at a doctor's office. Waiters make that pretty easily at a decent restaurant.

mrT said:
So they willingly accept a certain amount of piracy.
I disagree with software company's willingly accepting piracy, would you willingly accept people stealing from you?

mrT said:
So yeah... I use wearz. Have since I got my hands on cool edit 1.2a way back in the day. In fact I still register all my warez to Peter Quistgaurd. I bet 85% of the rest of you use warez too. Sorry I don't have a rich daddy a legit recording career or any extra money but there's no way in Hell that's gonna stop me from making the best stuff I can.

Now if those kind people that pirate can help me out with some green to go against all the red that this shit is gonna bring I would appreciate it. :D

someone had to say it.
I hope your joking because this is exactly what my initial post was reffering to, not the fact that piracy is going on but the audacity of the pirates especially among people who pay for their software. To discuss it so openly on public forums is like a slap in the face. I don't have a father (well technically I do), let alone a rich one, nor do I have legit recording career or money laying around to burn but that doesn't stop me from working hard to get the things I want and have. None of that is a valid excuse for stealing. If that were the case I would be entitled to stealing that SSL or Great River Pre that I want. Instead, I'll use what I have and can afford until money permits I can do so. If you can't afford the software, plain and simple use what you can afford until you get your $ together, there are free programs and some pretty damn good free plugs out there.

bennychico11 said:
If I had no expenses I'd be spending it all on audio gear then too. I don't see how that makes him a "rich" kid....it just makes him someone who works for what he has. He sounds like me, parents don't just give him money so he has to work if he wants to buy anything.

Let's put it this way. I worked for what I had and I'm not saying he didn't. But How can you dop 17G's on recording equiptment at the age of 16 and not be at the very least well off?

and where I live most jobs that even adults have start at minumum wage and don't go much higher than $15/hr for a High school diploma. Unless you go into construction or something similarly labor intensive.

Back