If There's A Program That I Download Off Torrent Site And It Has A Serial Number....

Freddy said:
I don't have a moral guideline. I'm pretty sure I used to have, but I think I lost it at a party in the seventies.

Does anyone have one I could borrow? Or copy?

:laugh: @ the guy who said "or pirate"

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

You're not hurting anyone.

Well, except the pride of the real activists on here that are either :

a) Pissed that that they didn't realise they could get it for free for personal use
b) Bought the software and for some reason get pissed off that others' didn't
c) Have shitloads of money and presume everyone else does too.

that sums up software piracy perfectly imo.

those against are either rich or just plain annoyed that they paid stupid money for a program which others are using for free

that sums up software piracy perfectly imo.

those against are either rich or just plain annoyed that they paid stupid money for a program which others are using for free

that sums up software pirates perfectly imo.

You didn't realise this thread was 2 years old did' ya' :D ? This suggests to me that you used the search function (well done!) to find a suitable thread in which you could try to look clever in or troll (not so well done!). Betcha' don't feel so smug now...

If you're young and in full time education like me then you can generally get some good academic discount on 'da big boi warez' like Cubase and Sonar. If not then the retail versions really aren't much more. If you're spending a few hundred pounds on a mic, what is a few hundred pound on some software (which is waaay more integral and central to your studio than a mic anyway)?

According to this post you had £2000 to spend just recently, including '1 copy of cubase and copy of reason' Where did it all go!? :)

"innit mush"

Last edited:
As we all know Laws don"t really equate to morally correct judgements , many laws are arbitrary and don"t have any basis in logic ... we as citizens of this planet have a moral obligation to disobey laws that we feel are unjust , this is how we progress as a society ... If we all just towed the govt line there would still be slavery and it would still be ok to beat your wife and kids ....

A person who obeys laws just because they are laws is a person with no moral convictions and a person who can not think and act for them selves....

I obey the laws that I feel are correct and flaunt the laws that I feel are unjust , just like anyone who has his OWN convictions and has the balls to stand up for them ....

Let the flameing begin...LOL

Cheers

The nice thing about those who cut corners to obtain free illegal software instead of being patient and working hard to buy it legit, are usually the same type of people who cut corners when writing music instead of being patient to get the sound they are really trying to acheive.

I obey the laws that I feel are correct and flaunt the laws that I feel are unjust , just like anyone who has his OWN convictions and has the balls to stand up for them ....

Are you saying that you think it's unjust that you should pay for software?
Are you therefore saying that it's unjust that the guys who made the software should get paid?
Is it therefore unjust that you get paid for whatever you do?
If so, can I have your paycheck? It'll make you feel much better about yourself?
Or should I just take it anyway because I feel it's unjust that I sholdn't be able to have what I want regardless of whether I've earned or payed for it?

I have my own convictions. I also have the balls to stand up for them. There I people I believe should be dead. Shall I kill them? There I women I want to sleep with, but they don't want to sleep with me. Shall I rape them?

Guidance please.

Are you therefore saying that it's unjust that the guys who made the software should get paid?
If so, can I have your paycheck? It'll make you feel much better about yourself?
Or should I just take it anyway because I feel it's unjust that I sholdn't be able to have what I want regardless of whether I've earned or payed for it?

I have my own convictions. I also have the balls to stand up for them. There I people I believe should be dead. Shall I kill them? There I women I want to sleep with, but they don't want to sleep with me. Shall I rape them?

Guidance please.

I"m just saying that poeple should use there own common sence and weigh the pro"s and cons and consequences of there actions for every situation then make up your mind then stick to it , Poeple do that anyways regardless of laws...
If you weighed the pro"s and cons of say rapeing the girl next door and you came to the realization that rape was a good idea , then I would say that you didn"t think about it hard enough and used your desire for sex to overcome your common sence , in which case prepare for the consequences , not necessarilly legal ones , but say the boyfriend comes over and cuts your balls off and shoves them up your ass , or maybe the father might want to use you as own personal human bathroom ....

I Personally agree with most laws but there are Many that i don"t includeing , Some Drug Laws, Some trafic laws , Some Tax Laws , some Property Laws , land use Laws, enviromental laws , Hate crime Laws ,and a bunch more .....

My whole premice is based on the fact that most poeple make good choices and generally do the right thing , but there will allways be idiots and genuinely evil poeple but for these poeple laws don"t mean anything anyway and most know that they are not doing the right thing but do it anyways for Personal gain....

:D

Guidance please.

Here's some guidance...calling someone "faggot" because they use pirated software doesnt give you any kudos....doesnt give you balls either...and great analogy...rape = piracy...talk about hysterics

Here's some guidance...calling someone "faggot" because they use pirated software doesnt give you any kudos....doesnt give you balls either...and great analogy...rape = piracy...talk about hysterics

Is that your best justification for piracy? Well done. I see you took a small percentage (interestingly the most inflammatory parts) of my post and ran with it. What about the rest? No response to that? What a surprise.

The point I'm trying to make is that you can't just take what you want just because you want it. I would have thought even someone who spent 3 weeks hitting themselves over the head with a hammer would be able to see that. Furthermore, I was responding to the following..

"I obey the laws that I feel are correct and flaunt the laws that I feel are unjust , just like anyone who has his OWN convictions and has the balls to stand up for them "

I responded within that context. Nothing more, nothing less.

And I don't hope to acheive anything by using the word "faggot". It's part of my language. It seems to me that you're only drawn to offensive language "balls", "faggot", "rape" etc. I think I got past that before I finished school.

Come back when you have a response to the rest of my points. Until then, you're just rationalising theft and you really have nothing valid to say.

I"m just saying that poeple should use there own common sence and weigh the pro"s and cons and consequences of there actions for every situation then make up your mind then stick to it , Poeple do that anyways regardless of laws...
If you weighed the pro"s and cons of say rapeing the girl next door and you came to the realization that rape was a good idea , then I would say that you didn"t think about it hard enough and used your desire for sex to overcome your common sence , in which case prepare for the consequences , not necessarilly legal ones , but say the boyfriend comes over and cuts your balls off and shoves them up your ass , or maybe the father might want to use you as own personal human bathroom ....

I Personally agree with most laws but there are Many that i don"t includeing , Some Drug Laws, Some trafic laws , Some Tax Laws , some Property Laws , land use Laws, enviromental laws , Hate crime Laws ,and a bunch more .....

My whole premice is based on the fact that most poeple make good choices and generally do the right thing , but there will allways be idiots and genuinely evil poeple but for these poeple laws don"t mean anything anyway and most know that they are not doing the right thing but do it anyways for Personal gain....

:D

In a quirky way, there is some sense in what you say. Many laws that we have are arbitrary; speed limits, for example. Is it any safer to drive one mile an hour under the limit than one mile an hour over, and is that limit an indicator of safeness in the first place? However, for all their arbitrariness, there is a logic behind them. Generally, the laws we have are enacted through good intentions and with explainable rationales behind them. That doesn't mean they always work as intended, and can often have unfortunate consequences.

But because some laws are arbitrary doesn't mean all are, and we need to be very clear what it is we are doing when we decide we are entitled to break them. For example, property laws are absolutely fundamental and critical to a civilised society. Without them we have anarchy. If you and I decide that some property laws are 'breakable', then I can wander into your house and take what I feel like with impunity. If you write a song, I can take it and claim it as mine.

The consequences of an action are almost irrelevant. We should not obey laws because we fear the consequences. We should obey laws because it is the right thing to do. We are the only creatures on this planet capable of making moral judgments, and we must make them if we are to live as humans, and not as animals who simply operate out of instinct; they know no moral code.

I agree with you that most people do the right thing, and that there are some that there are "idiots and genuinely evil people" who wilfully disregard laws. But so what?

It is morally wrong to deprive people of their means of survival, whether by killing them, taking their homes away, stealing the efforts of their labour or stealing their ideas.

It's theft, regardless of whether there's an actual law, it's theft. Please don't insult our intelligence with this inane excuses for arguments that I would expect from a 14 year old.

It's theft. You are taking something that is offered up for sale, that is the fruit of someone else's labour and for which you have no right to use.
The fact that someone has made it possible for you to steal it is irrelevant. It's still theft.

ahh, laws...

are you actually aware of all the laws that are on the books?

you know, there's so many laws on the books these days i really stopped keeping track: don't cross the street, don't spit outside of you home, you must not listen to a mix cd by you friend unless your paid your copyright fees to ascap, you can take drugs that will make you suicidal but smoking a joint in a school zone is a mandatory 20 years...etc etc...the blue pigs should really be put down they are rabid, I don't mind doing it.

I mean, what is the point of following laws, because no matter what you're bound to be breaking the law no matter how hard you try to be a law-abiding citizen...I truly pity those that try to toe the line in such an oddly unsophisticated society full of puerile laws, which the law-makers never have to follow, those people must be mad.

Back