What recording/mixing software are you using?

What recording software are you using?

• Sound Forge

Votes: 62 5.9%
  • N-Track

Votes: 32 3.0%
  • Ableton Live

Votes: 65 6.2%
  • Sonar Studio

Votes: 46 4.4%
  • Sonar Producer

Votes: 163 15.5%
  • Pro Tools

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • Cubase

Votes: 271 25.8%
  • Tracktion

Votes: 25 2.4%
  • Digital Performer

Votes: 21 2.0%
  • Logic Pro

Votes: 87 8.3%
  • Image Line

Votes: 24 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 333 31.7%

• Total voters
pipelineaudio said:
AWESOME!

I had to give up my ardour obsession for a bit, but I read the devlist everyday

I just got everything working monday and am working on getting some guys in to record. I also am putting together a tutorial site to make linux usable/understandable/less-scary to musicians... I'll post about it later when I get some content for it.

I had to give up my ardour obsession for a bit, but I read the devlist everyday

Are you a masochist? Reading that every day.

I also am putting together a tutorial site to make linux usable/understandable/less-scary to musicians... I'll post about it later when I get some content for it.

Yes please! I have Ardour on my box, it works but I can't use it. Probbly I'm too stupid. But I always get lost with commands like alt+cntl+double-middle-click...

For now....

Adobe Audition....

Although I am considering building a new PC and perhaps Cubase SX3 will find its way on to it....

Is there really a point in changing though...undecided on that issue.

AudioClueless said:
Adobe Audition....

Although I am considering building a new PC and perhaps Cubase SX3 will find its way on to it....

Is there really a point in changing though...undecided on that issue.

Not if youre getting your work done!!!

I love Cool Edit Pro/Adobe Audition, and I have been using it for like 6 years but latley I have been shopping around for a new MTR program. Seems like Cubase is where everyones heads have been as of late, but when I experimented with it, I didnt really like it that much. Does anyone know of any obscure programs, new or old? I'm just curious and like playing around with lots of different progs.

yup, if editing and editing FAST is important to you, Vegas is IT

until the last few weeks, as the Vegans have taken over the reaper forum and got REAPER to add vegas type editing and more

HighUnderground said:
I love Cool Edit Pro/Adobe Audition, and I have been using it for like 6 years but latley I have been shopping around for a new MTR program. Seems like Cubase is where everyones heads have been as of late, but when I experimented with it, I didnt really like it that much. Does anyone know of any obscure programs, new or old? I'm just curious and like playing around with lots of different progs.

If you want to try something different, then I would reccomend Tracktion 2. Though at first glance it may not seem like much, indeed it is a powerful recording software with plenty of bells and whistles. Although one thing its lacks is a good midi editor, sure you can still edit with it just fine, just not as efficiently as some other hosts. But...IMO what it lacks in that area, it makes up for everywhere else. I also use Cubase(from time to time) but. I don't care for it much myself either, everything just seems too cluttered. :D

Ableton live!. Being a diehard cubase user for years, i find i'm using the Live lite version that came with my controller more than cubase these days. Brilliant layout and great for composing

N-Trac then Tracktion

Started out with N-track.... then just as i was going to record a demo for my partners sons band..... the program started to reboot my computer :mad:

I needed a program fast... because tomorrow was the weeked recording session...just rented mikes and preped the room the best i could. :)

The demo CD was needed for monday for the battle of the band compatition. :eek: for new years eve night.

Then i started going through the Rom disk pile and low and behold i was saved :D The ESI Juli@ card had a full working version of Tracktion. 1.7 :cool:

After loading it up and playing we got the recording done to very long day nights. :D

Not the best ..wanted more time to make it better..(but we got 4 songs and used 3 for the demo CD).we live in a semidetached house so were careful about the noise level .... :p but they made the Battle of the bands... :D :D

Found Tracktion very easy to get a grip on and do what i needed.

was a good experence for my partners sons band.

I had lots of fun doing it :D:D:D:D:D:D Will be doing more im sure :cool:

Back