DAWs GRRRRRRRRRR!

Only in your estimation.

Please do not start arguing directly with a members personal opinions. You know how well this works out...

Just for future reference; you used 'your' directed at Greg. You would be the instigator, if this was to get funny. :)

Let's be clear on something here ...... there are stupid people in the world. I know it's not politically correct to say that ...... I think we're supposed to say something like, "Well ... he just thinks differently" ..... and maybe sometimes that's true. But it's also true that there are some dumb sob's out there.

Have you not met people who couldn't figure out how to set their clock?
I have.
Sorry ...... that's a dumb person there.
And I think they'd have a hard time with a DAW although the really dumb ones wouldn't be able to work a tape rig either.

Let's be clear on something here ...... there are stupid people in the world. I know it's not politically correct to say that ...... I think we're supposed to say something like, "Well ... he just thinks differently" ..... and maybe sometimes that's true. But it's also true that there are some dumb sob's out there.

Have you not met people who couldn't figure out how to set their clock?
I have.
Sorry ...... that's a dumb person there.
And I think they'd have a hard time with a DAW although the really dumb ones wouldn't be able to work a tape rig either.

'Special' people are given the benefit of a doubt. A human with the ability to download software, and post in a forum is a different thing. If one can't find a way to make a DAW add a+b, then he should move on to another. To move on to many DAW's and still find themselves trying to even figure out what 'a' is, then it might be time to get a CT scan.

Just saying it just might not be the gig for this guy. No offense meant...

Some people are just not wired to be good at this. Hell, I am still learning and don't consider myself anything close to pro. I can find my way through a DAW without making excuses to blame the software for my flaws.

Bottom line, none of us know everything. Those who say/think they do are wrong. Members who give poor information, based upon obvious lack of knowledge, will be either set straight, corrected, or blasted upon if they continue to say stupid things that could effect newbies that are here to learn.

Personal BS banter/fun is something that can be entertaining, but not at the expense of threads that new members are likely to be introduced to.

My 'keep the peace' has less to do with controlling drama between members, than it does to keep the forum a productive learning site for members that are new to recording, as well as my learning from other members myself.

"Stupid is as stupid does". That does not mean that I have disrespect for those who haven't learned. For me, it is more about a guy who gives bad advice and opinions about something he knows nothing about, directly due to the fact that he is ignorant about the software to begin with. An uneducated opinion can be taken as fact in a forum like this, even if later posts discount the wrong information. GOOGLE will pull that shit up. It is in all of our best interests to choke out bad information quickly.

Last edited:
'Special' people are given the benefit of a doubt. A human with the ability to download software, and post in a forum is a different thing. If one can't find a way to make a DAW add a+b, then he should move on to another. To move on to many DAW's and still find themselves trying to even figure out what 'a' is, then it might be time to get a CT scan.

Just saying it just might not be the gig for this guy. No offense meant...
I'm definitely not meaning the OP or anyone here at all. I'm just pointing that it's not JUST Greg's estimation ...... statistically at least some of the people he mentions are in fact poor thinkers if that euphemism for dumb is more palatable to ya'..

I'm definitely not meaning the OP or anyone here at all. I'm just pointing that it's not JUST Greg's estimation ...... statistically at least some of the people he mentions are in fact poor thinkers if that euphemism for dumb is more palatable to ya'..

Naw, I didn't think that or mean to come across that way. I was writing/editing a novel....lol

Naw, I didn't think that or mean to come across that way. I was writing/editing a novel....lol
no prob mang ...... thanks for tellin' me though 'cause you never know nowadays. Some folks really get wound up over the idea that someone thinks someone else is dumb.

But my neighbor for one example .... OMG that's a dumb individual .... a GREAT neighbor ...... good Christian man ..... watches out for my wife at night when she gets home and I'm not around. Would come help me with anything at the drop of a hat ...... a wonderful man really ...... he's just so freaking DUMB!!
And not 'special' either ....... just really, really stupid.

What's amazing is fact that this forum has a goldmine of helpful information in which spending a bit of time using search function, as I did as a 'lurker/searcher' for two years (thereabout) before ever making my first post; learning everything facilitating custom DAW PC build, studio set-up, to making DAW choice and advanced midi routing--and still obviously learning more each day.

If I can do this as a recently Disabled/Retired Military Veteran with many health issues and PTSD, *anyone can*, maybe even a cave man can do it!!:laughings:

The OP seemed a bit lazy and actually implied many incorrect factoids and just seems wants a DAW to "just work out of the box", so to speak, while bypassing *any* learning curve. Seemed a bit insolent regarding: :RTFM: Let's just hope OP is not a brain surgeon in day job!! :eek:

The OP seemed a bit lazy and actually implied many incorrect factoids and just seems wants a DAW to "just work out of the box", so to speak, while bypassing *any* learning curve.
yep .... and that's really what it usually is. Those things are designed to be as easy to use as they can make them and if you can't do anything with them it's gonna be because you weren't willing to sit and read for a few hours. That's why I think it's ok to call them dumb since they're choosing to be dumb about this one subject because they don't want to exert themselves.

Last edited:
yep .... and that's really what it usually is. Those things are designed to be as easy to use and they can make them and if you can't do anything with them it's gonna be because you weren't willing to sit and read for a few hours. That's why I think it's ok to call them dumb since they're choosing to be dumb about this one subject because they don't want to exert themselves.

I exert myself at least twice a week. Meaning learning new things my DAW can do. I have spent over 5 years learning Cubase, and still find things that I wasn't aware of.

I suppose I am a bit dumb. Not stupid tho... lol

I exert myself at least twice a week. Meaning learning new things my DAW can do. I have spent over 5 years learning Cubase, and still find things that I wasn't aware of.

I suppose I am a bit dumb. Not stupid tho... lol
well ..... in a effort to try and make my point clear I did NOT say you could learn everything about them in a few hours. A good program has so many little twists that you can keep learning stuff for many years. Hell ....... I still find out new things I can do with my Roland XP60s after 15 years.

What I said was if you can't do anything with one you were being too lazy to exert yourself.

Why is this so hard? I feel like I'm being very clear and specific about what I'm saying and yet it apparently keeps being misinterpreted.

I guess I'm learning here too ...... there's absolutely no point in saying anything nuanced on this board. The only things you can say that won't get totally misinterpreted are things like: put cord A into jack B ....... a boring waste of time ..... so see ya'll.

well ..... In a effort to try and make my point clear i did not say you could learn everything about them in a few hours. A good program has so many little twists that you can keep learning stuff for many years. Hell ....... I still find out new things i can do with my roland xp60s after 15 years.

What i said was if you can't do anything with one you were being too lazy to exert yourself.

Why is this so hard? I feel like i'm being very clear and specific about what i'm saying and yet it apparently keeps being misinterpreted.

I guess i'm learning here too ...... There's absolutely no point in saying anything nuanced on this board. The only things you can say that won't get totally misinterpreted are things like: Put cord a into jack b ....... A boring waste of time ..... So see ya'll.
Lol! :D

well ..... in a effort to try and make my point clear I did NOT say you could learn everything about them in a few hours. A good program has so many little twists that you can keep learning stuff for many years. Hell ....... I still find out new things I can do with my Roland XP60s after 15 years.

What I said was if you can't do anything with one you were being too lazy to exert yourself.

Why is this so hard? I feel like I'm being very clear and specific about what I'm saying and yet it apparently keeps being misinterpreted.

I guess I'm learning here too ...... there's absolutely no point in saying anything nuanced on this board. The only things you can say that won't get totally misinterpreted are things like: put cord A into jack B ....... a boring waste of time ..... so see ya'll.

Lol. It has gotten ridiculously sensitive and rudimentary in here.

I think you misinterpreted Jimmy though. I don't think he was disagreeing with anything you've said and was poking a little fun at himself..

Lol. It has gotten ridiculously sensitive and rudimentary in here.

I think you misinterpreted Jimmy though. I don't think he was disagreeing with anything you've said and was poking a little fun at himself..

nah I didn't ..... Jimmy's cool and I've never had any problem with anything he says nor was I bothered about it in the least.

It's just such a waste of time to try to talk about anything in depth here because text easily gets misinterpreted or you have to type four more posts to clarify what you meant.

And I don't mean in an argumentative way .... I mean even the friendliest, happiest, no-offense whatsoever conversations are difficult.
Where in person you can wave your hands around and make facial expressions ..... on the net, as we all know, it doesn't work that way.
Even in phone calls you have the vocal inflections.

If I were to get you or Rami to try some drums for me (a possibility) for example ... I would NEVER try to discuss it via text or email. I'd get a phone number and call ...... that's what I always do because typing crap takes so long and it's so easy to miscommunicate.
Every time I've done collabs I've done it via phone because of that lack of communication that comes with typing at each other.
And in forums I'm finding it more and more exasperating and less and less fun.

Not ya'lls' problem ...... nor is it mine really because it's not something I care deeply about ...... but I like conversations about stuff and it's almost impossible to have one on a forum.

Back