TASCAM Wallpaper

Why did you put the Portas in a 2-up fashion? They each deserve their own page.
:spank::eek:;)

A couple of reasons why I did it that way.

1 - I've already covered the 244 and 246 earlier in the thread where each one was showcased one at a time.

2 - By doing a 2 unit wallpaper, it shows off the size differences between the related units. Although, for the Porta One and Two, I suppose a one off of each is deserved and doable too...stay tuned. :)

There is method to my madness! :D

Cheers! :)

^^ Thanks Dave! :)

Always on the hunt for rare and unusual Teac and Tascam items, I stumbled upon this, the TEAC AV-P25 HIFi power line filter! Neat things about this unit are that it sports 15 AC outlets, 3 on the front and 12 more round the back with 9 switched and 6 unswitched. No doubt too that these units hit the market a full decade before the whole power conditioning power bars came into fashion from Monster Cable and company.

Anyway, here's a pair of them cleaned up a bit, (a lot actually) for your viewing pleasure. :D

View attachment 93121

right click to download...

I actually own one of those Tascam 106 ( a photo you posted a while ago). I think I paid $75.00 for back in 1998/2000 - It still works and I do use it occasionally - but I'm more of a 488 guy. anyway great photo.

Next up, the Tascam 3030 half track stereo reel to reel with built in dbx type I. For the most part, this deck was a re-branding of the consumer series Teac X2000M deck from the mid 80's with a few extremely minor changes which included adding balanced in and outs, changing the power button to the more traditional orange square shape, changing the transport buttons to black instead of brushed aluminum silver and the removal of the EE bias pre-set.

Apologies in advance for the loud background colors! :D

View attachment 93153

I covered the tascam 44 a couple of years ago but with some pretty limited images that were on the small side. I recently discovered the original full sized shots from that same machine and think I managed to come up with a sharper result this time around. Anyway, here's the Tascam 44 OB...

View attachment 93170

Been meaning to cover this next one from Ampex for quite a while now but have been waiting for a decent image to work on. Anyway, found something halfway decent to fix up earlier today and post it now for your viewing pleasure.

The Ampex 440-C amp units...

View attachment 93216

Last edited:
Next up, the Tascam MA-650. I covered this unit a while back as part of the ATR60-2 wallpaper as this unit is an accessory for that model in specific and connects to it via a proprietary multi-pin cable. It does offer a standard RCA aux input as well and it has its own power supply, so in reality, it can be added to any two track deck as a rack mountable station monitor. It also has standard speaker terminals on the rear apron if you want to use it as a straight amp with different speakers.

Anyway, here's the MA-650...

View attachment 93228

right click to save...

Here's another blast from Teac's past, the A-420. I choose this model because of its unique vertical loading mechanism and twin rotary transport knobs in place of the more common piano key mechanism that most decks of the day were still using...think 1972. This one's pretty much a Frankenstein as there's no decent head on pics of this on the web so I worked from several different smaller resolution shots to put this together.

Anyway, here's the TEAC A-420 cassette deck...

View attachment 93245

A fresh one of my MS16...

VV4G7900small.jpg

Lol, this site needs to be renamed to commercial recording.

Back