Sam Ash Retards

It just seems to me that there are people on this thread that understand how customer service really works, and what it looks like when a customer service rep. is doing or not doing his job, and there are people on this thread that have never worked retail before in their life and have no business even speculating anything about why the worker did what he did. If you don't knwo what you're talking about, shut the hell up. Point blank.

It's just a thread on the internet dude, lighten up.

Down under we, generally, don't tip except in bigger retaurants & for services rendered. In places like barber shops it's purely personal & no expectation is made - the cost of the service covers the overheads related.
We expect & thankfully the very useful unions insist, that working people get a LIVING wage. This simple life affirming & supporting premise was mandated by federal wage arbitration early in the 20thC.
That's been somewhat undermined by the current, & hopefully outgoing, fedearl govt. which canned the arbitration commission, enterprise bargaining & awards in favour of employer to employee agreement which is fine and dandy IF you happen to be a one in a million (there are 25 of us down here).

Sam Ash SUCKS ! ! !:mad:

Bunch of drugged-out, brain-dead, apathetic/arrogant know-nothing @-holes.

Zero service, zero care, zero anything.

I HATE them ! ! !:mad:

I NEVER go there ! ! !:mad:

Sam Ash SUCKS ! ! !:mad:
Bunch of drugged-out, brain-dead, apathetic/arrogant know-nothing @-holes.
Zero service, zero care, zero anything.
I HATE them ! ! !:mad:
I NEVER go there ! ! !:mad:
I think you should open up, and tell us how you really feel.

C'mon, don't hold it in. :D

I'm over it.

At this point I really regret posting this shit. I forgive salespeople everywhere. I humbly present my virgin buttring to Sam Ash and its subsidiaries. I renounce my desire for a discount out of my newfound respect for the proletariat working man. I've already sent a letter to Sam Ash apologizing for behaving like an informed consumer. I promise to pay whatever they ask, everytime, forever.

No joke.

Well shoot as long as we are on the speech about sam ash let me ask you all this.... I went there about 4 days ago and they knew i wasn't very clued in on the products and didn't know what alot of stuff did. But I did know i wanted a SM57, studio monitors, pro tools, and a mixer... So he tries to sell me this stuff(i have the paper with the price quote in my hand):

Samson 16CHN 4Bus Mic/LN Mixer w/60mm (its pretty big very similar to hte mackie it was next too... just $300 cheaper cuz im not rich...)

Fast Track Pro

Pro Tools M- Powered

SM57....

Studiophile AV40 (pair) Studio Monitors with wall mounts

He seemed like a honest guy and he was nice... a little weird but w/e he seemed like he knew what he was talking about. Is all that stuff neccesary? I want the mixer for hands on and he said it works with pro tools.. to where if i turn the knob on the mixer it changes w/e knob i changed on pro tools as well.. Fast track pro was the only thing im not sure wtf it does exactly! Changes the line from MIDI to USB right? ANyways Im new to the upgrading on equip guys, so any help with how honest this SAM ASH worker was would be great!

PS where is a great place to get the name brand stuff cheaper? There has to be a site.... there always is and you guys know everything so thanks!

Sonic's got good points, but if the salesman said what you quoted, he probably is not going to do very well in sales. Arrogance and sales just don't mix, for me anyway. Unless of course someone arrogantly comes down on a price in the first few seconds of inquiry. Then I can be tolerant.

Think about this...I would guess from a music store salesman's point-of-view, there are probably a lot of deadbeats that come in with no intent to buy, and serving them must be a little frustrating. But I think that's where Sonic's post comes in...if you state what you want up front for how much out the door price, he would probably get the impression you have money you are ready to spend and give you his full attention and courtesy...if he's smart.

True. I see alot of people just walking around and not wanting to tlak to anyone. And they do look like dead beats. But that S*** is expensive man! its a dream haha

I commented on this at some point, but further posts have shown me that some people walk into these stores expecting actual, well-educated advice. This is not something to be expected from people who are making so little money, whom you don't know if you can really trust (as they are salesmen, after all).

It makes more sense to gather info from discussion forums (not retail site product review pages), and perhaps from the experiences of fellow musicians you know locally. One big reason why I don't trust the advice I feel I am getting from salespeople, even those I may have come to trust, is that I have met plenty of musicians who are great players, that don't know shit about gear, and I suspect at least some of them seep into the sales jobs at these stores.

Half the stuff I have bought at Guitar Center either wasn't carried because it wasn't mainstream enough, or it took an hour to get because they didn't know what I was talking about. Nowadays I write down the exact product, down to the detail, and call first to make sure they have it - why bother going in and getting the hard-sell on something you don't want if they don't have what you do :p

Back