Joemeek Twin Q. Noisy? Or am I just a brick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What on earth are you talking about? I'm saying that there are no users with any authority over what is talked about here ... and in relation to you, that's a good thing, because at least we know where we stand with chessrock, robgb, Alan, Harvey, Acorec etc ... you've admitted yourself in this very thread that you're a flip-flopper, so stop getting so touchy about it. :)

You said i change my mind about EVERYTHING......

i never said i was a flip-flopper.....i said :

Gidge said:
on one hand its spam, on the other hand people are getting some info they want (and some get a free mic)......

which hand i see it as depends on which side of the bed i wake up on......the side of the bed i woke up on today wants the EQ/JM27 deal.......

now im asking what else have i ever changed my mind on to qualify your statement of me changing my mind about EVERYTHING......

cmon man....5 1/2 years of posts.....you must be about to come up with ONE other instance......

Ive made up my mind that you are a little bitch too.....dont think Ill be changing it..........

Gidge said:
Ive made up my mind that you are a little bitch too.....dont think Ill be changing it..........
Put your handbag away dude. You're not having your honour challenged here - say what the hell you like, and everyone else will continue to do the same. I'm surprised you seem so insecure that you feel you something to fight here ... the argument is one-sided. :)

It's here!

Well, I've got the new TwinQ hooked up.

The AES/EBU output has an intolerable noise floor, maybe a little more pronounced than the original unit - even with the input gain all the way down. Comparing the signal with that of the Q through the analog inputs I find that the Digital output is indeed much hotter than the analog. So is this the calibration issue you were talking about, Alan? I did notice that the box it shipped in was dinged on the corner and the styrofoam holder was broken on one side- but don't all UPS ground shipments take it a little rough? Is it possible that all of 8th Street Music's units are bad? I mean, what's the chance of me getting two bum units?

I know it's not the MOTU because I tried the first Meek on a freinds setup and it had the same problem. 8th Street tested the original unit and said there was definitely something wrong with it. All my drivers are up to date.... I dunno.

I run it through the analog inputs and it sounds great. I'm torn for a few reasons....

I could return it and get a RNP/RNC/Funklogic setup, but:

The TwinQ has more features than the above setup, including the pad and transformer option, both of which I would utilize and appreciate

It has an EQ

Free microphone offer :)

I really wanted the extra two channels. I don't need them, however I really wanted them. But most comparable or even nicer units don't have AES/EBU anyway...

What would you guys do? I'm afraid if I send it back to 8th street I'll get another one that does the same thing. I don't think they sent me the same one back for a couple of different reasons.... I'm stumped

I'll tell you what I would do. Forget 8th street. Deal directly w/ Alan Hyatt. Unless there's an incureable design issue, which I doubt, Alan will do whatever is necessary, and he'll do it fast. I've tested my unit in *almost* every way possible, except the AES/EBU out, I don't use it. Just take your issue straight to PMI, and I'm betting you'll get the issue resolved. Let us know what happens, because we are all interested.-Richie

Richard Monroe said:
I've tested my unit in *almost* every way possible, except the AES/EBU out
Richard, you may want to test/checkout the AES/EBU while your TwinQ is still on warranty... I know I would. And if and when you do test it... please post the results, because like you said "we are all interested". Thanks, Don.

Well, Don, I may just do that. I do know that the S/PDIF out works fine on my unit. Problem is- I don't think I have a unit in the entire studio with an AES/EBU in, or for that matter, an XLR digital transfer cable.- Richie

The MOTU dosen't have meters for incoming SPdif, only AES/EBU - although it's got optical and spidif connections on the back. Guitar Center dosen't carry these cables either. If I hook up an optical or spdif and were it to be a cable problem, wouldn't I be experiencing nasty artifacts or dropouts instead of just hiss? I don't get it.

I asked earlier if it was a problem for me to post these issues, and everybody agreed that it was OK. I'm specifically asking for help - if Mr. Hyatt wants to help, I'm appreciative. I tried posting over at PMI-AG as has been suggested, and found I got nearly no response at all. Here is where I get opinion, and y'all asked me to follow up - so here I is.

:)

First of all, everyone did not agree. You can always count on DJL to oppose PMI tech discussion involving Alan Hyatt on this board, which he tends to view as spam. And you don't need to deal with a user group or a tech support link. You have a real problem. Call or email Alan Hyatt directly. You can send him email straight fom the members list on this board or (gasp), call him on the phone during business hours. He'll talk to you- really. (Try that with AKG, Neumann, Oktava, etc. sometime, if you like being frustrated)-Richie

Supercreep,

Over 400 twinQ's have been sold worldwide to date since its release in January. Six absolute stunning reviews in three countries have been written, and many professional recording studios now own the new twinQ. The only complaints on the AES/EBU we know about so far have been from you. Since the replacement unit did not solve the problem, we need to look at the digital chip on the digital board to see if in fact it has failed on the AES/EBU legs.

Is it possible the digital chip supplier we use has supplied us with a bad component. Components do fail. We have just not heard about the problem. We have a toll free phone number. It is ....1-877-563-6335. Call me!!!!

We will pick up your unit and get it back here so we can test it. One of the guys at 8th Street already bought the unit you sent them back, so we never saw it. So again, we have no idea if there is an isolated problem with this or not.

If there is an issue, we will solve it, but without the unit, we can not do anything about it. I am sorry for the trouble you are having. We do not do this intentionally as DJL would have you all believe. These things do happen, and as manufacturers, we must relay on the components we implement into our products to be stable and reliable. Sometimes these components fail. When they do, we get the blame and not the component manufacturer.

You did not see DJL call the digital chip manufacturer a lemon, he called Joemeek a lemon. This of course is a tribute to his ignorance and continued smear compaign.

Our tech support is second to none. We stand behind all of our products 150%. Just call me at that toll free number on Monday and we will make arrangements to resolve this issue. Call Me!!!!

Richard Monroe said:
First of all, everyone did not agree. You can always count on DJL to oppose PMI tech discussion involving Alan Hyatt on this board, which he tends to view as spam.
Well, that is only half true... I like Alan Hyatt from PMI-AG marketing discussing the technical aspects of his products... however, I do appose marketing/spam, and conducting warranty type business and etc on hr.com.
Supercreep said:
I tried posting over at PMI-AG as has been suggested, and found I got nearly no response at all. Here is where I get opinion, and y'all asked me to follow up - so here I is.
Hmm, this is what I don't understand... I don't know why PMI-AG is conducting PMI-AG warranty business on hr.com rather than on their own website. Anyway, thanks for the follow up.
alanhyatt said:
Our tech support is second to none.
Hmm, if that's ture why didn't Supercreep get help on your PMI-AG website... why is PMI-AG conducting PMI-AG warranty business on hr.com rather than on the PMI-AG website?

alanhyatt said:
Supercreep,

Over 400 twinQ's have been sold worldwide to date since its release in January. Six absolute stunning reviews in three countries have been written, and many professional recording studios now own the new twinQ. The only complaints on the AES/EBU we know about so far have been from you. Since the replacement unit did not solve the problem, we need to look at the digital chip on the digital board to see if in fact it has failed on the AES/EBU legs.

Is it possible the digital chip supplier we use has supplied us with a bad component. Components do fail. We have just not heard about the problem. We have a toll free phone number. It is ....1-877-563-6335. Call me!!!!

We will pick up your unit and get it back here so we can test it. One of the guys at 8th Street already bought the unit you sent them back, so we never saw it. So again, we have no idea if there is an isolated problem with this or not.

If there is an issue, we will solve it, but without the unit, we can not do anything about it. I am sorry for the trouble you are having. We do not do this intentionally as DJL would have you all believe. These things do happen, and as manufacturers, we must relay on the components we implement into our products to be stable and reliable. Sometimes these components fail. When they do, we get the blame and not the component manufacturer.

You did not see DJL call the digital chip manufacturer a lemon, he called Joemeek a lemon. This of course is a tribute to his ignorance and continued smear compaign.

Our tech support is second to none. We stand behind all of our products 150%. Just call me at that toll free number on Monday and we will make arrangements to resolve this issue. Call Me!!!!

I will, and thanks. I'm not too wound up about it, as everybody has been cool about it. And I like the product. It's just that one feature... Thinking about it, I probably would have purchased the product without the digital output anyway. Based on Mr. Monroe's and Kronosonic's reviews I decided I wanted to give it a try.

Supercreep said:
Because this is where everybody is... Not the PMI-AG website.
Supercreep said:
I tried posting over at PMI-AG as has been suggested, and found I got nearly no response at all.
Yeah, I know... and I'm trying to find out why.

Hey Mr. Alan Hyatt... why is PMI-AG conducting warranty business on hr.com rather than on the PMI-AG website?

DJL said:
Yeah, I know... and I'm trying to find out why.

Hey Mr. Alan Hyatt... why is PMI-AG conducting warranty business on hr.com rather than on the PMI-AG website?

It seems Dragon has no objections to the manner I am conducting myself, and obviously he has no objections to your continued harrasment either. :mad:

freshmattyp said:
My reading is just fine. How's yours? Since you obviously can't see that he posted here first, I will post a screen shot.

You can glom on to all the free reputation points you want, Don; but it doesn't change who you are.

For what it's worth, when I click on the link you provided I get the time and day as DJL stated, not the screenshot you show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back