mp3's of new group buy 1073 & 1084

Harvey Gerst

Ok, this is from a new unreleased album by "Color of May", recorded by my son Alex. "Drive" is an MXL Genesis mic into the 1073, "Alive" is the MXL Genesis mic into the 1084, and "Changing" is an MXL Genesis mic into an SST-1 Origin.

The bass on "Drive" and "Alive" was run through the 1073.

Last edited:
All great tunes! I'm gonna say I like the vocals through the 73 better!

Thats what I was thinking at first. Then I got to thinking that maybe I was influenced by the fact that I liked that song best of the 3 songs. Anyway, mods or no mods, they all sounded good. Looking forward to my 73 and 84.

Thats what I was thinking at first. Then I got to thinking that maybe I was influenced by the fact that I liked that song best of the 3 songs. Anyway, mods or no mods, they all sounded good. Looking forward to my 73 and 84.

I would think that pre to pre comparisons would be the same since they are the same design. I too, listened and thought I preferred the sound of the 73 song. I think I would have to hear the same song done with both pres to really suss that out because I think I am influenced by the difference in the tunes and vocal levels from mix to mix.

Ok, this is from a new unreleased album by "Color of May", recorded by my son Alex. "Drive" is an MXL Genesis mic into the 1073, "Alive" is the MXL Genesis mic into the 1084, and "Changing" is an MXL Genesis mic into an SST-1 Origin.

The bass on "Drive" and "Alive" was run through the 1073.

Sounds kind'a thin. Maybe it is these crappy computer speakers.

Is the bass DI through the 1073? Do you happen to know the exact chain?
Yes, Hailey's bass is DI'd directly into the 1073, then into the board. I think she uses a Fender Jazz bass with a maple neck, although she may have used one of our basses for the recording.

Last edited:
Harvey,

When's the projected release? I'd like to get a copy of the album.

Thanks much for posting the clips!!

Back