Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rode NTK

• Rode K2

• Stick with SM7B

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
well, mbox 2 isn't really an upgrade. The preamps in it suck; That's first hand.

Dunno about the saffire, but if you're going to use S/PDIF, then there's no point. The same signal goes into the computer either way AKAIK.

Well he's offering me £80 and I can pick one up off EBay for £50 so I'll just sell it him and pick up another one. Sounds like a good bit of business to me ;) And I was more thinking Mbox 2 because I'm getting it sold with PT LE 8 which I got told was better than M-Powered 7.4 (I want 8 but don't currently have the money to upgrade)

aye, well that makes sense then.

Sell your interface and take the mbox.

Pt8 for 'free' is never a bad thing, plus you've two onboard pres instead of one.

Just make sure your voicemaster does have the spdif out. I believe digital IO is an optional extra on some focusrite gear.

From your list I would go with the Neumann TLM 102 I think.

But I would add the new Sennheiser MK 4 to your list - it's getting well reviewed and is very affordable.

rev_MK4_400.jpg

Haven't yet had the pleasure. All I can think of is it's a bit of a different beast. I can't wait to give it a test run through the next time I'm in a GC.

Back