What are your favourite strings??

ecktronic

Mixing and Mastering.
Just wondering what electric guitar strings people tend to use or favour.
My personal taste is the Dean Markley strings. They have the most tone out of any other string i have tried and i have tried a fair few strings. They give a really full clean sound. 10 gauge.
I usually use Dadario 10 gauge though as they are my second favourite strings and i cant usually find the Dean Markley strings.
Trust me give Dean Markleys a try they are the hizzy forshizznnyy!!

The strings that have the weird coating stuff on them to prolong their life are pretty good, but not worth the money, and they dont hold their tone as long as they are meant to.

GHS Boomers for my Humbucking guitars, Ernie Ball for my Strats, and Fender bass strings. Dean Markley's on my acoustics. =)

//AdrianFly

bixlmalta said:
D'Addario's for all my electrics. Best value. Best sound. Martin SP's on all my acoustics.
Ditto. There are some electric strings I like better- for about five minutes till they lose that "new string" sound. Then I wish I had just put my good old D'Addario 10s on.

man i love the elixir series- the gore tex loses some brilliance for me, but damn if i can't break one. i used to plow thru my d'addarios by the bunch.

I love elixirs, but I break strings waaay too quickly to afford those. I used D'addario's for the longest time, but their tone dulled a bit to quickly for me, and they're a little pricier than Ernie Balls, so I switched to those. They're a good value, and they don't seem to rust or break as easily. Also, they seem to have less breaking-in time than D'addario's, and just seem to go well with a solid rock sound. I still use D'addario's or Martins for my acoustics.

I use elixers on my Brian Moore because that is what came on it plus i have yet to have to change the strings :) But on everything else i have been more than happy with ernie balls. I was breaking GHS boomers like nobodys business

Damn I should probably switch then. I use GHS boomers and the D and high E strings are breaking at the bridge at least once a week.

guitarist said:
Damn I should probably switch then. I use GHS boomers and the D and high E strings are breaking at the bridge at least once a week.
You might want to have your saddles looked at, there is probably a burr that is casuing the strings to break.

I use Ernie Ball 10s on all my electrics and Martin SPs on my acoustic.

I really liked this german brand called Tomastik but they're like 13 bucks a set. I break a lot of strings so I buy whatever is on sale. If nothing is on sale I buy Ernie Balls.. Just a side note we might think that $13.oo is expensive for a set but my wife "plays" viola and you can start pricing at around $15.00 a string!!!!

faderbug said:
my favorite strings are from björn borgs underwear for men line. nice and comfy though i break'em easily :)
I believe that is only the second reference to Bjorn Borg that I have ever heard. And niether one had anything to do with tennis.

I use Ernie Ball 10s on my Les Paul, but I'm thinking about switching to GHS Boomers...I've played them on my friend's guitars and like them.

D'addario 13s on my Taylor. I read that Pete Yorn uses them, made the switch and I never looked back ;)

D'addario's: 9's on my strat, 10's on my PRS. I haven't used a ton of other strings, but the D'addarios consistently sound great for a long time. I still don't know how to pronounce "D'addario", though. At the guitar store, I just mumble and point.

On my acoustic I usually go for Dean Markley bronze, but the last string change (too many months ago) I switched to the Elixers - and they still sound good.

I like D'Addario strings too. Admittedly, I'm a bit lacking in my scope of availability since I'm one of those dumbass 7 string players. I love the way Blue Steels sound and play for the first week after I put them on, but I got pretty sick of the fact that they just wear out so damn fast. For what they charge, I'd like them to last a little longer.

Side note--I've been using lites (9's) for about 16 years now and I finally just tried my first set of 10's. DAAAAMMMMNNNN!!!!! I am NEVER playing lites again, and I wish I had tried this sooner.

i put elixers on my acoustic a year ago....

and i still havent changed them. and they still feel decent. and sound decent. and stay in tune. crazyness i say.

for electric i use whatevers the cheapest at the time. i have acid hands and eat guitar strings like mad.

GHS boomers for bass strings. the best around.

freak

Yeah, the great thing about Elixirs is they usually sound pretty freaking good up 'til the day they break.

I've always played on thicker strings since I started playing on acoustic, but usually I use 10's or 11's. Occasionally I'll use 13's if I feel like downtuning or just rocking hard (I don't actually buy 13's, I buy 7-string earnies and just start with the 13 as my high e). If I'm feeling cheap I'll use my Guitar Research 9's that I got for like, 50 cents a pack at Sam Ash.

Back