[SOLVED] ZOOM R16 startup problem

powertrace

Hi!
I'm new in this forum and I hope that anyone can help me solve my problem.
I have just got the hands on a zoom r16 recorder: Interface: Controller
My problem is that when I power on it says: Loading project, Project saving, Goodbye see you, Please power off.
While starting up the usb port light lights up.

I have what I think is a valid sd card in, I have tryed several with the same result.

Using it as a soundcard/sd reader and controller works fine but not the actual recorder thing...

I can only use it with batteries since the power supply is gone if that may be the problem... far fetch? yeah I know ...
Is there any other way to do a hardware reset other than holding the clean button while powering on (which does not work)

Best regards PowerTrace

Last edited:
The only hard reset is the CLEAR/POWER ON reset process. That clears everything from memory and put the machine at default setting. I've never had an issue with any SD card with my Zooms, and I've used lots of different ones, including some "off branded" ones .

Its strange that it works as an interface but not as a recorder. That would seem to indicate an issue with power. Are you using new batteries? The power supply is a basic 5V 1A center positive unit. You can buy replacements for about $10 online. I think its the same unit as the H4N.

I got it to work. I replaced the rechargeable batteries to normal batteries. They may not been fully loaded. I think there was a menu on what battery type used so that may be something too...

Yes, there is an option in the setup for what type of battery you have. I rarely use batteries in my R24 for recording. It gets expensive if you spend any time recording, however I try to keep them in there to keep the clock correct.

Back