New to R16 - 2 questions for now

johnhpower

I have been studying the manual (challenging to say the least) and looking at videos but have the following questions:

1. Copying a track as opposed to assigning it. I want 2 identical tracks on separate inputs to experiment around with some things but cannot figure out how to do it. Page 60 addresses copying a file but if the instructions says how to put it on another input I am missing it. Can anyone tell me how that is done?

2. When you set your Send-Return choices does that apply to every input i.e. is it global? If it is, is there also a way to set different reverb and chorus selections for different inputs?

Thanks to anyone who responds.

You don't want to copy the file, you want to BOUNCE the file. Check out page 39. Just select one channel, and do a mono bounce.

IIRC, there are some multitrack effects, like an comp/EQ. Others are strictly for a single track, like guitars sims, etc. You wouldn't want to put the tubescreamer on the drums and vocals, right?

Easiest way it to just try it. Record 2 tracks, put the send on one, and a similar send on the other. The adjust the parameters on channel 1 and see if it affects channel 2.

Thank you but I followed the manual instructions to a T over and over and still nothing happens. I record guitar on input 1and wanted to duplicate it on input 2. I then made input 1 green and input 2 red like the bounce preparation part of the manual says to do. I then hit the project button to follow the bounce instructions and the input lights immediately went off which I thought was strange. I then followed the remaining instructions exactly as written and when I hit the final enter all that did was take me back to the record setting > bounce screen. I thought that was odd but exited out and got right back to the green light/red light scenario, which I also thought was odd. I figured it was done, changed the red light to green on input 2 and hit play.....nothing. I check the track name on 2 and got "not assigned"

This is so exasperating. I do everything the manual says to do and nothing happens. Do you have any idea what I did wrong or did not do that I should have done? All I am trying to do is make a duplicate track on input 2. Why does this have to be so difficult?

Thanks for the help.

Just got my R16 2 days ago, but find it very similar to my old Yamaha MT100 4 track cassette. I followed the steps on pages 39 and 40 and it duplicated my track just fine. One thing I noticed near the end of your post: "I thought that was odd but exited out and got right back to the green light/red light scenario, which I also thought was odd. I figured it was done, changed the red light to green on input 2 and hit play.....nothing. I check the track name on 2 and got "not assigned"
was that after you changed the track you want to duplicate to green and the track you were bouncing to to red, you hit PLAY and not PLAY and REC. You're really just re-recording the first track, which is why you need 'REC' on. Like was mentioned by Rich, you aren't reassigning the track like you would be if you were just moving it. Hope this helped.

Back