WinXP not recognizing Neo 2488 USB device

91LesPaul

Anyone else have this issue?

When I connect the Neo to my winXP box via USB cable, XP knows that a new USB device has been connected, but then fails to recognize the device. I'm at the latest Service Pack and USB driver levels on the computer.

My wife's Vista Laptop recognizes it just fine, so I end up connecting it to the Neo then exporting files from Neo to Thumb drive. Take the Thumb drive to my WinXP box to import files into Cakewalk. This works just fine, but a bit cumbersome, not to mention the wife yelling, "Where the ##$@$ is my laptop?!".

I use to have Cakewalk on the laptop, but that resulted in "Where the %^%* is my laptop?!" comment much more frequently than occurs now.

I know this may sound silly, but have you tried plugging it into a different usb port? I have had it happen where a device works on one port but not on another, there is no logical explanation it just happens.

Alan.

I know this may sound silly, but have you tried plugging it into a different usb port? I have had it happen where a device works on one port but not on another, there is no logical explanation it just happens.

Alan.
Sometimes science is no more rational than faith !

Is the USB open? Did you select DISK, then USB OPEN? If you skip this step the PC won't recognize the drive. Also, make sure to close the USB connection properly as you would when removing a clip drive or ext. HD.

laptop not recognizing neo

Is the USB open? Did you select DISK, then USB OPEN? If you skip this step the PC won't recognize the drive. Also, make sure to close the USB connection properly as you would when removing a clip drive or ext. HD.

hello, I am having the same trouble. I tried usb open. it comes up with a message, usb open, press and hold no exit to close. it stays stuck on that screen unless I press and hold no. which closes the usb.
hmmm.

neo drive

hello, I am having the same trouble. I tried usb open. it comes up with a message, usb open, press and hold no exit to close. it stays stuck on that screen unless I press and hold no. which closes the usb.
hmmm.

the laptop recognizes the drive, but I don't know what the next step is. I see the neo on my files, but I don't know how to transfer, because the neo is stuck on usb open message.

Back