What are some good monitors for the tascam dp03sd portastudio

arosemond

Im looking into getting studio monitors to attach to my tascam dp03sd portastudio at a "bang for your buck price" which do you all recommend?

If you're looking for BftB, you're looking primarily at Behringer Truths, JBLs, KRK, M-Audio, and probably topping out at a 5" woofer.

If you can find a set of JBL 305s on sale, they are decent for the price. I think I paid $210 for a pair. You won't get a ton of low end from them, tho. For that you'll be better getting 308s. I wasn't impressed with the M-Audio BX8s, I thought the bass was somewhat bloated. I've also got some Samson Rubicon 8s with the ribbon tweeters but those aren't made any more.

Look for some used monitors. I really liked the Event TR8s years back. They were about $500 a pair retail, so if you can find a used set, you might get them for $300 or less. I got my JBL 308s used for $325 on Craigslist.

You might also listed to some KRKs. You can sometimes get a decent deal on those from MF or GC.

If you're looking for BftB, you're looking primarily at Behringer Truths, JBLs, KRK, M-Audio, and probably topping out at a 5" woofer.

If you can find a set of JBL 305s on sale, they are decent for the price. I think I paid $210 for a pair. You won't get a ton of low end from them, tho. For that you'll be better getting 308s. I wasn't impressed with the M-Audio BX8s, I thought the bass was somewhat bloated. I've also got some Samson Rubicon 8s with the ribbon tweeters but those aren't made any more.

Look for some used monitors. I really liked the Event TR8s years back. They were about $500 a pair retail, so if you can find a used set, you might get them for $300 or less. I got my JBL 308s used for $325 on Craigslist.

You might also listed to some KRKs. You can sometimes get a decent deal on those from MF or GC.

Would you say that these are good for mixing and give a decently flat response? I know i get what i pay for but i wanna be optimistic

You need to consider your room that you mix in. A smaller room might not be a good one for accurate bass response......and an untreated room is another issue. How big is your room? What's in it? A few details may help us to give you some advice.

Mick

Back