Transferring files DP32

dkpz64

Can you transfer files to a flash drive with the dp32 instead of hooking it up to a computer? Don't have computer in studio. Please Help...

no, the files have to be transferred to the audio depot folder first, then connect to the PC and you can copy them from there. :D

I just did this with a DP-03SD. The files will transfer from the SD card to the computer, just make sure to go through the Export process, this converts them from the SD's .FAT partition to the .WAV partition. The DP-03SD requires a separate export procedure be performed for each song. Once all songs are converted for export you can grab the SD card and go to your nearest computer.

Using Windows 10 on my desktop, I converted mine to mp3 on CD for use in my car. I keep the original .WAV files and the mp3's stored on my PC.

I don't have a DAW yet.

I just did this with a DP-03SD. The files will transfer from the SD card to the computer, just make sure to go through the Export process, this converts them from the SD's .FAT partition to the .WAV partition. The DP-03SD requires a separate export procedure be performed for each song. Once all songs are converted for export you can grab the SD card and go to your nearest computer.

Using Windows 10 on my desktop, I converted mine to mp3 on CD for use in my car. I keep the original .WAV files and the mp3's stored on my PC.

I don't have a DAW yet.

- The DP24 and DP32 (and variants) record to WAV directly. There is no proprietary file format or disk partition, and no need to convert.
- You do not have to use the EXPORT function, as you record, the WAVs will be in the MUSIC folder. But using the EXPORT function will consolidate all the various stems on each track (original, punches, takes, etc) into a single WAV per track. These will go into the AUDIO DEPOT folder, and are usually the WAVs you'll want to bring into your DAW. One per track.
- Yes, you can remove the SD card from the DPxx and read it on a computer. I don't see how removing an SD card is any more difficult than using a USB drive

When you read the SD card on the computer it looks like this:

HDxx
AUDIO DEPOT - contains WAV files for import or export
MUSIC - contains folders for each song
UTILITY - contains file for operating system upgrades
DP-xx.sys - don't screw with this file!

Back