Track too short message error when trying to master

Consu

Hello fellow recordists, please help!!
I am trying to use the mastering function on my Tascam DP-01FX. I set up the IN point at the beginning of the song, and i can see the message on the display that says that this has been set up. However, when i do the same for the OUT, i don't see the message (I wonder if there is something wrong with the actual button). When i press the MASTER button instead of lighting up, as the instructions suggest, a message appear in the display: "Track too short". I have looked on the troubleshooting part of the manual but can't find a solution. If the master button wasn't working, the display message wouldn't come up. I have spent hours googling this problem and now have a head ache. Why can't it be much simpler to record? No wonder i abandoned this for years. I was spending days feeling miserable instead of creating!!
Hope someone can help.
Thanks
Consu

I THINK what you've done is to not advance the track time to a point that's different from the IN time. If you haven't advanced the track time to a point that's far enough away from the start time.......or if you haven't advanced the track time at all..........which is common......the OUT time will not be set. Since your system is telling you "track too short".....it's likely that you haven't advanced the track time at all....and the system thinks you're trying to make the In time the same as the OUT time.

Hi Mickster, thanks for replying so fast :-)
I fast-forwarded the track to the end and tried to set up the OUT time but it won't set up. I now know that button works as i also tried to set up the END LOCATION. What i suspect the problem might be is a circuit problem / connection between the 'shift' button and the 'OUT' button. I will only know if i send the machine to be repaired and that could cost in the region of £80 :-(
I wonder if i locked the OUT function by chance by pressing something involuntarily. It's so frustrating as whilst we're in lockdown, i wanted to take advantage of the home time to compose /record...

Having looked on the manual, i gladly solved one prob and found another! It's never ending with technology....
I have used the internal menu to set the OUT point and the Master button worked :-D
However, my PC won't recognise the Tascam. Ahhhhhhhhhhh. Wjat is the blinking point of advancing technology if it means different parts stop talking to each other? I can't afford to keep buying equipment just because Windows doesn't have drivers for it! I read that the DP-01 only works on XP and Vista. IS it true? Why is that? A machine should work with whatever...

Thank you :-)
I ignored the error message and when i opened the system in the Tascam (pg 41 of the manual) the explorer window opened on my laptop anyway, so the pc did recognise the Tascam. The manual makes people worry for nothing. Arrrrghhh!!!
I tried to Backup some old tunes to my laptop and i get an error message when i open the WinRAR folder inside the the Backup folder on the laptop. The error says that 'the archive is either in unknown format or damaged'. I tried with another 2 songs and i get the same message. I followed the instructions to the letter. Not sure what's going wrong. So all i can do is copy these to another partition, but i was hoping to free more disk space really. Any suggestion please? I am grateful for all your help by the way:-)

Best
Consuelo

Back