TMD1000 Delayed Recording Path!!!!!!

WormHole

Problem: Trying to record vocals into the Gina 24-96 from the Tascam TMD 1000 stereo outputs. (Stereo to Gina 1&2 analog inputs.) Vocals are delayed ie loop. I'm trying to monitor and record independent vocal trax in real time without also re-recording the stereo mix of the whole song through Tascams stereo outputs. Confusing?
Perhaps this diagram: Tascam on Left...Gina on right (to and fro signal representation.)

>>>>>>>stereo>>>>> Recording 2 trks at a time
Stereo opts ___ ^ 1&2______
_______________ | __Gina_24
Tascam tmd1000_ | _________
_______________ | 1&2 Out analog
Inputs 5&6_____ <<<<<<<<<<<<<</stereo monitoring
|
Vox input ch 1>>>>>>>>|

Explanation: (1.) 4 inputs (2analog and spf) on Gina. I'm recording 2 tracks (Cubase) at a time via analog... synths, etc, into and from the Tascam. Ok, tracks are recorded now I have to monitor a stereo pair from Gina outputs 1&2 into channels 5&6 on the Tascam. Next, I want to record vocals without also re-recording the stereo mix on tracks 5&6. I can't mute 5&6 or I won't hear the music to do vocals in real time. If I monitor through Gina, there's a delay. If I monitor through EXT inputs on the TMD1000, there's also a delay. What is the best way to record vocals/Guitar/Bass, etc in real time through the tascam? Midi recorded material is not a problem...need realtime recording...Please Help!!!!!

ok.. what you want is TOTALLY DO-ABLE.

this delay... how long is it? are you SURE that you dont have any internal effexts assigned to your tracks?? That would cause a delay.

you SHOULD be able to set is up like so...

GINA OUT 1/2...monitor on channel 5/6. assign 5/6 to SUBGROUP 1/2 BUSS.

your mixer should have the LR BUSS assigned to DIGITAL OUT A (thats the SPIDIF, right?) and that should be your GINA DIGITAL IN...

now assign your VOCAL CHANNEL to LR BUSS as well as SUBGROUP 1/2....

you MONITOR subgroup 1/2... your RECORD the LR BUSS... and i *think* you should be in MIX mode to do all this...

if there is STILL a delay...make sure you have the newest DRIVERS for your GINA... (Cubase uses ASIO, right?? There should be no noticible lag...)... I cant think of what to do next. Get back to us..

xoxo

It's not an effect

Well, the delay is deffinitely not an effect...more, an affect. You see, the recording delay comes from the fact that Gina is propietary...and regardless of what computer it is, you're going to have a digital delay...in milliseconds or more. This is not so unsual, unless you're working with a Paris Mec or 442, non propriety DAW system. Anyway, you may have helped out ...I want to thank you anyway for your prompt reply. It's much appreciated. I'm still rather new to working with the busses and routings on the Tascam. Let me get back to you...

Kind regards, J

Back