Tascan DP03 problem when trying to record.Advice please.

Denv12

I bought a brand new Tascam 8 track digital recorder a few weeks ago.
It replaces my Tascam 4 track 414 mk2 cassette deck.I found it hard to buy blank cassettes so I decided to upgrade.As I dont use ebay I usually buy from tapes from local department stores,etc.

I had problems getting away from the demo song.I couldnt work out how to disengage it.I've since discovered by going into the menu and going into "create" I could then record a new song or at least record.It solved the problem,.The demo song is still there and all recordings I've done so far.I even figured out how to edit the song names.This Tascam is starting to get easier.I'm very impressed with the simplicity of this brand.I hope they continue designing /building simple equipment.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note:
this post has been resolved and I have edited this post because of it.Thank you.Pleae disregard this post.

Last edited:
Im not sure i fully understand your question, but i think your trying to record over the demo song?
If so, don't do that. I cant remember how its done on the DP03 but, just go to the menu and create a new song/file, select create/song 2,3 etc or whatever it is.
Then you should have a completely clean track. Just don't try and record over the demo.

Ok. Well im pretty sure can just go in to the menu and click on create song/file or something along them lines.
Have you tried this? if so what's it saying?

Thank you for you reply.The problem has been resolved so I've since edited this post because I couldnt delete it.

On mine, the DEMO is locked. There's a little lock icon on the left side of the screen. Mine also came with Song002 pre-installed - just above DEMO. I tried playing it back but it was blank, so I erased it.

Back