TASCAM VS FOSTEX XR-7

TheJester

Would anyone say the Fostex xr-7 is better than A Tascam 424MII? Id the Dolby c better than DBX? Are any known to crap out a lot?

I say go with the TASCAM instead of the Fostex because I have had nothing but great experiences with 5 different TASCAM units and bad experiences with a few of the Fostex rigs. However, there is a very talented pro engineer on this site (sonusman) who will give you the same scenario with the product names reversed, so...? I think that maybe we have either run into good and bad batches of those two products, or we were using used gear that wasn't properly taken care of. So it is a toss up, you can take the advice from a guy who has been into home recording for 15 years with a little pro experience being a 2nd eng in a couple of pro studios, or take the advice of a dude who IS a pro engineer (sonusman) who swears that TASCAM is from hell :D where I have had no bad experiences with TASCAM.

But be it known, I have no knowledge of the two specific models you asked about...

Back