Tascam US800 set up questions - Windows 7

ry1633

Hi all,

I'm getting my Tascam US800 interface setup - I have Windows 7 64 bit. I have the newest Tascam drivers set up just fine, but I can't seem to get it to work as my soundcard. I have all the cables hooked into the right places, double-checked all that. I've also tried to disable my laptop soundcard, still doesn't work. All I get is a "click" sound when I try to play through the US800.

In fact, ITunes and Windows Media will both freeze up when I try to play through the US800. What should I try? I've heard that the ASIO4ALL drivers might be worth a try.

Thanks for the help, Ryan

Well I've tried all kinds of stuff with no dice. Well, I uninstalled and reinstalled the correct Win7 drivers from the tascam support link and I still can't get it to work. I can get an electronic click when I test the Windows OS sounds thru the US800, but that's all.

My ITunes freezes when I try to play through the US800 and same with Windows Media Player. Device Manager shows no errors either.

I even tried disabling my VirusScan and a lot of the Windows Display settings. Still does not work. :( any help or hints would be much appreciated.

-ryan

Back