Tascam US1800 Mic Inputs Stopped Working

ReachShaun

So, this sucks. Pretty sure I'm screwed but, hoping to find some help. My microphone inputs were working fine. Then, suddenly I lost input channels 1-4. They power light stays green. The orange phantom power button also stays on now, even with the phantom power button off for channels 1-4. So, I started using channels 5-8. Everything worked great for a few hours. Then, suddenly the same thing happened to channels 5-8. Now, I have zero mic inputs. The rest of my audio interface works (outputs, headphones, etc.) Is there a fuse or a reset button I'm missing? I think both times (when 1-4 went out and 5-8) it was because I "clipped" the channel being too loud and the "OL" light came on by the channel 1 input knob and then by the channel 5 input knob. So, it was the exact same triggered reaction and concluded result both times. I'm hoping it's not something on the circuit board like a resistor, capacitor, etc. I need help greatly.

I think it was noted on some Tascam units that the switch supply were not up to par and that replacing those will cause the unit to work again.
Switch power supplies also failed in transmitters and other Radio Audio gear some of them $4000. The transmitter was a lot more. I put a stock switch supply in it from Newark and the transmitter worked again- $57, the Manufacture wanted over $300. That shelf space is expensive.

Back