Tascam US 2x2 issues aplenty

Shadows

Ok so I have had this Tascam since August of 2015 and have yet to get it to work at all. I get no sound out of it period even through the phone jacks. Below is what I have and what I have done.

I have my Ibanez electric acoustic and my EV mic plugged into my Digitech Vocalist Live 4.

From the Digitech I ran both to the XLR inputs on the Tascam. I set both lines to mic/line.

When I play or use the mic I do get readings on the Tascam that it is receiving a signal by looking at the sig light.

The Tascam is plugged into an HP laptop running a fresh install (last night) of Windows 7 with service pack 1. 64 Bit

The Laptop specs are Model# WQ761UA#ABA Pentium Dual Core CPU at 2.3GHZ and 3 GB memory

I am using Ableton 9 and it sees the Tascam but for some reason they are not playing together. When in Ableton I get zero sound out of the computer when the Tascam is set as the default. I get zero sound out of the Ableton when the default is set to the Realtek onboard soundcard either. But if I leave out of Ableton then Windows media player will play music as long as the default is set to the Realtek and not the Tascam. If the Tascam is the default I get zero zip zilch nada.

Since I formatted this hard drive last night I also went to Tascam and downloaded the latest Firmware and Drivers and installed them as well and I am right back where I started ....nothing.

I set the Tascam as the Default and then I lose all sounds period absolutely nothing will play through the speakers attached to the computer and nothing comes out of the headphone jacks on the Tascam either.

I disabled the AERO still nothing.

I even went as far as to remove the drivers and firmware and reinstall them a second and third time still nothing.

I went to Tascam and downloaded their US 2x2 mixer software driver... that was a mistake my entire machine dropped to a sudden crawl and kept freezing up and still nothing. I got rid of the mixer software.

I am at my wits end here and am pulling out what little hair I have left. I am just about ready to chunk this thing in the garbage but I want to give it one more shot if someone can through me some ideas as to what might be wrong or what I am doing wrong.

If all else fails I am just going to buy another mixer, amp, and build myself some speaker cabs and say to heck with it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can send my way and if you live close to me I will buy ya a 12 pack if you can help me get this thing going.

EDIT: I have also used Sonar with the same results and I have also plugged the mic and guitar directly into the Tascamby-passing the Vocalist with the same results.

Last edited:
UPDATE

I solved the problem. I installed Audacity and everything works perfectly. Must have been a conflict with Sonar and Ableton and the Tascam.

Back