Tascam US 16x08 Issue

Hi:
Hi:
I just bought a brand new Toshiba Lap top computer to use in recording at home. I am using Sony Acid Music 9.0 as the software, and the interface box is Tascam US 16x08. I first downloaded the Tascam driver from TEAC-global online and installed. Even so, at this point I am not sure that whatever is to be downloaded is fully successful but my computer can show the US 16x08 Settings Panel on the monitor. I next installed Sony Acid Music 9.0 using the disc. What another guy taught me earlier was that if I turn the 16 x 08 interface box on when it is connected to the computer via a USB cable, and I also open the Acid Music software, I should do the following:
File>New, then enter title artist, engineer. etc and where to save the music.
CTRL Q to get a track.
Options> Preferences>Audio Device
This will give me a page in which I can get to the "Audio Device Type" Field which should give me a drop-down menu.
From the menu I should be able to select 16 x 08, then click "Apply" then "OK".
The trouble is, I cannot find 16x08 in the Audio Device Type, drop-down menu. I only see Microsoft Mapper (which is the default) and "Windows Classic Wave Driver".
So I cannot assign any track from the interface box to the Acid Music Software, since the software and the interface box seem to be disconnected.
Truth be told, I do not know how to use the 16 x 08 settings panel. But in the past (with another computer) following the same steps I was able to get another interface box which I was using (US-1641) to show up on the "Audio Device Type" drop down menu so that I could choose it for my recording.
What if any, am I doing wrong this time?
Thanks,
Patrick
P.S. I followed these steps on a Lenovo lap top and was successful in accessing 16 x 08 on the Acid Music software. The only reason that I did not want to use the Lenovo was that the screen was too small (only 14 inches diagonal). The present lap top has a 17 in screen and I prefer that but......I cannot find 16 x 08 on the Sony software.

Thanks,
Patrick

is the OS the same on both laptops? sounds like the drivers for the Tascam may not be installed. if you boot up the laptop. then connect the Tascam, does it find the drivers?

Thanks. The OS for my Lenovo lap top is Windows 7, and the new Toshiba lap top which gave me difficulty and prompted me to ask for help hear has Windows 10 operating system. In case the driver was not downloaded properly, would it be a good idea to copy the driver info from the Lenovo onto a USB stick and try opening it and installing it on the Toshiba? If so how do I go about it?

I dont think you can just copy the drivers, you will have to find a driver compatible with windows 10, I suspect that is the issue. Did you install the same driver package on the Windows 7 laptop as on the Windows 10 laptop? if so you already have the same drivers. Windows 10 is causing problems for some people. you may want to call Tascam support.maybe they have a suggestion.

First thing I would do is: With the new Toshiba, download and install this 'Windows 10 compatible' US-16x8 (V.1.04 driver for Windows) from HERE.

Make sure to follow the instructions for the install. I am not sure whether you need to have the interface plugged in while installing or after.

If that does not work then contact Tascam support.

I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!! FINALLY, FINALLY, WITH YOUR HELP AND THE OWNER'S MANUAL FOR THE TASCAM 16X08 PC INTERFACE (which indicated that I was not doing anything wrong, but that I had to try other USB ports on my computer) THE SONY SOFTWARE AND THE INTERFACE BOX FOUND EACH OTHER, AND NOW I CAN RECORD. YOU GUYS ARE INDISPENSABLE!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH.

Back