Tascam UA800 - no right output

mjbphotos

In the process of setting up my studio in a new place. Plugged all together, and found out htat the line-out (RCA jack on this model) has no output (yes, I double checked cables, speakers, etc.). Headphone outputs work fine, but I can't split one of them to my monitors, as a noise gets into the signal to them that I do not hear with headphones.
Anyone have any ideas for a quick fix, or is it time for new AI?

Resolder the connector to the circuit board inside. I got one of those from Rami many years ago and the power connector had a loose solder joint. Rami never noticed it probably because he never moved it. Once I got it, I moved it, obviously, and probably broke the weak solder joint altogether. I'm guessing the same thing happened to the audio connector on yours. Resoldering it solved the problem for me and maybe that's what's going on with yours.

Good luck.

Resolder the connector to the circuit board inside. I got one of those from Rami many years ago and the power connector had a loose solder joint. Rami never noticed it probably because he never moved it. Once I got it, I moved it, obviously, and probably broke the weak solder joint altogether. I'm guessing the same thing happened to the audio connector on yours. Resoldering it solved the problem for me and maybe that's what's going on with yours.

Good luck.

Good idea, but it turns out the double set of RCAs (outputs and inputs) are connected direct to the board. Probably is a bad solder joint, but no way to get to it. In the meantime, I can run a stereo splitter off one of the headphone outs to my Big Knob (to the monitors). There's some static-y noise (unbalanced cables, and cheap adapters), but its fairly low volume compared to listening levels. I confirmed the noise is just through the monitors, not in the rest of the system.

Back