Tascam TSR-8 problem help please?

8tracklee

Hi all,

I have got a Tascam TSR-8 set-up with a Seck 1282 mixing desk and I am having problems previewing the sound levels on the recorder. (The levels are fluctuating on the desk but not the recorder)

Unfortuntunatly I do not have a manual for either one which makes my problem even harder to locate the source of the problem.

I'm not 100% that I have connected the inputs and outputs properly but I have now hit a brick wall with it!!!

Any suggestions guys?

8TrackLee

8tracklee said:
Hi all,

I have got a Tascam TSR-8 set-up with a Seck 1282 mixing desk and I am having problems previewing the sound levels on the recorder. (The levels are fluctuating on the desk but not the recorder)

Unfortuntunatly I do not have a manual for either one which makes my problem even harder to locate the source of the problem.

I'm not 100% that I have connected the inputs and outputs properly but I have now hit a brick wall with it!!!

Any suggestions guys?

8TrackLee
If I remember correctly you wont get the levels on the deck until a track is armed, the little read light should be blinking, and if you have the output from the mixing board to the input of the deck you should get the meters.
I could be remembering it wrong as I haven't had one since mine to a little tumble down a flight of stairs about 4 years ago:(

That's right... the track buttons have to be engaged on the tracks you want to set levels or record on.

The "Track" outputs, 1-8 on the Seck connect to inputs 1-8 on the TSR-8.

The outputs 1-8 on the TSR-8 connect to 8 of the tape inputs at the top of each channel on the Seck.

Down by the fader on the board there are four buss assign buttons labeled 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, and 7-8. You must assign a channel to a pair of subgroups before any signal will flow out of the track outputs.

For example if you want to send audio through channel-1 of the board to track-1 of the TSR-8; press down the button labeled 1-2, turn the pan control above the button fully to L (left) and bring up the channel fader and the group-1 fader.

The manual for the TSR-8 is available from TASCAM Parts.

Unfortunately there is no company support for the Seck, but you may be able to find a manual for sale online.

~Tim
:)

Back