Tascam Reel To Reel Decks

Sometimes it takes a while for people to respond.....LOL I personally am not familiar with Tascam or Teac R2R decks. You might want to pose this question to the "Analog Only" section towards the bottom.;)

Is the Tascam 44 O a better reel to reel deck than the tascam 34b for recording song from vinyl albums.

Which exact 44 model are you talking about? Is it the 44 OB? Totally depends on the condition of the deck in question and tape used. If both are in good shape, have not drifted out of alignment too much and / or have been brought back to spec, then the 44 OB [if it is in fact the one] would have better electronics [and overall built] to yield a cleaner signal. We are, however, talking a noticable difference but not neccessarily a dramatic one. On the other hand, the 34B was manufactured till about a few years ago and scoring a more recent one might make me reconsider getting a 34B instead. I always prefer more "recent" electronics. Plus, parts are more plentiful. But condition is key so be careful. I hope you don't plan to have it shipped.:eek:;) BTW, I had a 34B [now own the 34] and they sound great!:)

Back