Tascam Recording - Latency Issue

trandg

So I have a Tascam US-122 that I just recently got.

I record directly into Cubase SX.

When I record my first track, everything is fine. But when I record a second track afterwards, its definitely a little delayed. It doesn't seem to record properly without any latency.

Any ideas how I can fix this? I require being able to listen to the monitors while I record...and I can't seem to do this just on the US-122 driver alone.

any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

David G. Tran

www.random-thought.com

I just returned my US-122 for the same reason. I tried everything I could to make the think work. But the latency was so bad on my unit that I couldn't even record the initial tracks very well. And, of course, I couldn't get any knowledgeable person to help me at the "Center". When I brought it back to the "Center", I was finally able to talk to a person who actually knew something about it. He told me that there will be always be some latency with the US-122 because it only supports USB 1.1. He said that if I wanted something better I'd have to move up to a Firewire model like the Presonus. The only USB 2.0 models available today was the Roland, but it was far too expensive for my budget.

I realized that this may not be the right time to get into a small portable USB-based audio interface. I decided to chuck the whole thing and stick with my old 788 for a bit longer. That little recorded still amazes me.

Honestly, I don't know what's happened to Tascam lately. I don't even think that they actually make the US-122. (What is the "Frontier" brand all about anyway?) Furthermore, Tascam's customer support has become non-existent.

I've been a long-time loyal user and lover of Teac/Tascam products. But my recommendation at this point is to stay away from their product line. Forget what you remember about the once great Tascam name and reputation. The company and their products suck.

You shoud have kept it!

I finally figured out my problem. It was a conflict with my USB external sound device. I now have no latenecy because I use the US-122's DIRECT MONITORING feature. It works like a charm.

I think the sales guy didnt know what he was talking about.

Although we are also using an Edirol UA-1000 and it works like a gem with USB 2.0

Back