Tascam porta two parts

Fab Dofasol

Hello I am looking for parts for the cassette porta two recorder.

Basically the 4 top right push buttons are missing; these are the narrow ones .

I think that to 3D print them would be a good option
Modeling is not very difficult.

What would help me a LOT is having some pictures and few measurements of the buttons.

Thanks in advance
Fab.
Brussels/Belgium

Hello Fab,

I found a manual for your model for correct part reference in your search: TASCAM PORTA02 MINISTUDIO OWNER'S MANUAL Pdf Download..

May I suggest you contact Tascam directly. I recollect they do have parts for discontinued devices though I am not sure if they may sell directly or merely use those parts for repairs of devices sent to them. If they do not sell parts for discontinued devices or have exhausted stock, they may suggest a resource where you may find the parts, possibly Amazon, using the parts' nomenclatures in the manual for reference. Here is the contact page for Tascam support in US: Contact the Repair Department | TASCAM.

They might possibly have pictures of the of the parts needed, showing multiviews of each part for 3D design though any picture from any source, even members, I would surmise would not represent true to scale. Therefore, if Tascam has availability of parts or suggests 3rd party resources, I'd personally choose to buy rather than make, to ensure compatibility in all aspects. (Maybe buy 1 of the buttons and use it for scale, in saving money if you enjoy 3-D process or parts are a cost factor.)

If you search Amazon, you may find an inexpensive second unit to use for parts per need.

Lastly, Tascam may assist in finding a registered repair party near you; such a party may have access to obtain parts from Tascam that the consumer might not. Instead of sending for repair, simply ask to purchase for you with a fair market up in price for that person's time.

If the manual is not correct for your model, it may be shown on Tascam's website by using whatever is labeled on your device as name of unit, searching document support for discontinued items. I found the manual, however, through a resource that lists manuals for everything made since the wheel: ManualsLib - Makes it easy to find manuals online!. If shown links to other sites for manuals, I'd be careful to allow any apps on my computer, unless you can do a security scan first.

I hope this gives you some options.

Best of health and peace in 2019, JeffF.

Last edited:
Back