Tascam MS16/AQ-65 prob

desh

hello,
my aq 65 won't respond to its controls and is sending random commands to the machine whilst flashing randomly and very rapidly.
any ideas?
thanks
desh

This is second hand information, so take it for what it is:

I've heard through several years on bbs's like this, that an AQ-65 that's flashing randomly and acting strangely has at least once benefitted from having it's processor & eprom chips removed and reseated in their sockets.

That's one tip I'd remember, specifically. Good luck. ;)

MS16/ AQ-65 prob

I've removed and reseated the EP-ROM chip which appears to be the only removable chip, but to no avail. It is about a centimetre from the power supply so I wonder if the heat has fried its brain. Perhaps I should replace it.
thanks anyway.
desh

I had the same problem about a year back and found changing the main filter caps in the power supply was the proper and lasting fix.

There's a more detailed description of the problem and solution here

Good luck!

Cheers! :)

Tascam MS16/AQ65

OH Dear!
I changed the three electrolytic capacitors on the power supply PCB turned it on, it blinked randomly again and died a death.
I did in fact ring Tascam and the service engineer did suspect the power supply.
Can I have put the caps in wrong?
Do you have any further ideas?
thanks
desh

There was only two main caps in the PS that needed to be changed and if you reversed any of them, yes, it would explain why it still doesn't work! :eek:

tascam aq-65 autolocate

I changed the caps round and a new regulator.
Working fine now. thanks a lot
desh :)

Back