Tascam Mixer? Help

BALKI

Ok I've heard good reviews on the Tascam mixers & might bid on one here soon.
I currently have a Yamaha MG 10/2 & It doesn't have sub group or alt outs.

I was leaning toward a Mackie 1202-VLZ Pro 12-Channel Mixer, but heard it doesn't have buss outs.

I found a number of tascams up for bid that look good. Ijust don't know if they have the subgroup or buss or alt outs i need.

Anyways these are the ones i'm looking at. Can anyone help?

http://cgi.ebay.com/TASCAM-M-1600-R...416784534QQcategoryZ23785QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is a m-1600 & there is a m-2600.

Tell me what specifics you need to know.....

and I will answer them for you. I have a M-1600 myself and will answer any questions that you have.

No I have a Tascam MSR-16....

reel to reel. I haven't done a lot with it yet, but I have used the board before. I haven't mixed to software yet, but ask away and I will help you the best I can

The guy said he could come to dallas & meet me somewhere. Theres already someone who bid $100. What would you bid so i could win it? I live In Dallas & he's in Amarillio not to far from me do you think thats a plus? As in not getting damaged by shipping. I'm thinking of putting up $200 for it.

Anytime you don't pay shipping....

is a good thing. Saves you money. I think I paid $300 for mine on ebay. It was worth it. What kind of set up do you have?

Yeah I wanted to ask you a question about that. I am planning on buying that mixer.
Right now I have the EMU-0404 PCI card. The EMU 0404 card I have has both co-axial and optical S/PDIF digital input and output. I'm thinking about also buying me a digital multitrack recorder.

I read this & wondered if someone could explain this to me more.

>>>>>>> You take the advanced approach and use both a multi-track recorder and a computer audio sequencer and find ways to incorporate them both together, either through MIDI Time Code synchronization or through a digital file transfer system like an ADAT light pipe or Tascam's TDIF or Roland's R-BUS.

I wanna be able to use my pc only for editing.
Sory for all the questions, but I just wanna use a digital recorder to record me on the mic over my instrumentals i have on my p.c. I don't like the quality of sound that i have gotten using pc software to record. I don't have a big band a & I mainly use instrumentals to record with.

The gear I have now
Audio interface: EMU 0404 PCI Card
Mixer: Yamaha MG 10/2

Last edited:
Back