Tascam M600 Patchbay Question

pelagos

Hi there

I have a Tascam M600 on the way. It is only coming with 5 of the patchbays (and dsub cables) - seller wants to keep one. I believe 6 is the normal amount to patch everything in?

My question is will I still be able to get it mostly patched with only 5 of the patchbays? I am happy to sacrifice some input channels (use only 24 of the 32 for instance) or any other slight adjustments to make it useable.

Im assuming I could also bypass the patchbay for the group outs and go straight to my converters / DAW?

I don't really want to have to buy another bantam patchy with dsub connectors as they seem to cost about 5 times what I paid for the desk..

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pelagos

Personally if the guy can't sell a product in it's entirety then I say the deal is off. These people have no reason to keep proprietary cables for other reasons and they are basically ruining the unit for the next guy. In open reel decks if the head cover is missing I say that reduces the price 95%.
Who wants a deck with a head cover off?

The next step is to get a dB connector and some cables and make the same thing up as the other ones. If you find out the cost of doing it you might as well stop. If it was me, I would make the cable but then I have many more resources from the Broadcast industry than some hobby guy.

Back