Tascam m520 no p/s or manual-help!

Radioservice60

Hello, I was given a M520 less power supply and manual. I would love to find a supply- but thats dreaming.. A manual and/or pin out of the power connector would be great. If anyone can help, please let me know!

Geoff

You mean one of these?

Man! I feel for you but do agree finding one by itself is pretty rare and the manuals you might be able to still order from TASCAM parts out in Montebello, California.

TEAC America, Inc.
7733 Telegraph Rd.
Montebello, CA. 90640
USA
Phone: (323) 726-0303
Fax: (323) 727-7656

Good luck! :)

Dude, I feel for'ya.

I got an M520 that was the board, supply, but no cable & no jumper plugs. I have yet to address that issue.

I do have the manual, in fact two original M500 manuals, and within a few days or so, I might be able to locate the pinout diagrams for power. I'll look into that later, for'ya.

Hey, thanks for responding, my best hope is probably retrofitting another supply- let me know if you come across the print!
Thanks again,
Geoff

As promised, here'ya go!!!

The pinouts of the M520 power supply are as follows:

1 & 2 : +15V

3 & 4 : +6V

5 : No Connection

6 & 7 : +18V

8 & 9 : 0V (c)

10 & 11 : 0V (d)

12 & 13 : GND

14 & 15 : -15V

16 : +48V

17 : 11V~AC

18 : 11V~AC

19 & 20 : -18V

*Notes: the pin definitions detailed with the "&" are pins that are seemingly tied together. It's probably a design to accommodate higher current levels.

*The pins 17 and 18 carry the same 11V~AC, but are seemingly NOT tied together.

*I got all this info out of the Tascam M512/520 manual, referencing the technical diagrams. There's not a lot of descriptive verbage devoted to the power supply section.

*ALSO, I do not know the significance of the (c) and (d) designation on the 0V(c) and 0V(d) in the diagram. As I'm from the 'puter industry, that often means c=(common/analog) and d=(digital), but I CANNOT guarantee that's the meaning of the (c) and (d) reference, in this case, as there's NO digital circuitry in the M520. (Maybe GFM, Beck, or other knowledgeable people can help on this point).

Good luck, and more power to'ya!!! Heh.

PS: If you're in the Los Angeles area, I'd consider taking an offer on my M520 & supply, less cable. No shipping. Also, I have a genuine Tascam M520 service manual, extra, that I'd take offers on. I paid a good bit to get 'em, off Ebay, though, and I'd sell at no less than my cost, which I'd have to check the records on, to determine.

;)

I think Radioservice60 is as well looking for the actual schematic of the power supply, Dave, something like this perhaps?

M312 Power Supply Schematic

Sorry for the high resolution teaser! :p

As for the (c) & (d) designations, they appear to be wiring bundles that have various combinations of voltage feeds from the PS going to different sections of the mixer.

Cheers! :)

Last edited:
Yeah, baby!

Maybe he was, but I don't have the facility to post such a huge hi-res image.

As always, a picture is worth a thousand words. :eek:

Tascam Parts probably sells copies of the manual, so maybe he should call, 1-323-727-4840.

Back