Tascam M-520 user and service manuals: how hard to find?

Cliff K

Hello Tascam folks:
I'm considering buying a 520 mixing board and I have found two that are available; unfortunately neither person has any of the manuals for the boards. I can get by without the books, but I'd like to have them if I get a 520 (I've got an M-308B and the manuals and schematics have been very helpful). Does anyone know of a source for these, or how often they show up on Ebay?

Thanks!
Cliff

The M520 manual showing up on ebay is a pretty rare occurrence so your best bet is TASCAM parts out in Montebello, Cal.

Make sure the ones for sale include the external power supply unit which should resemble a rack-mount power amp and the umbilical cable that connect it to the mixer. If either of these boards don't come with that, it will be totally unusable.

Cheers! :)

I scored 2 M520 manuals off Ebay,...

both from the same seller. After the bid, I find out they were coming from Australia! When she quoted the shipping charges, I nearly fell over, but it turns out the quotes were in AUS$'s, and the US$ cost was still reasonable.

My best recommendation, is when buying an M520, make sure it has the power supply unit and required power cable, otherwise you've purchased yourself a 100 lb doorstop. Having all the 2p jumper plugs is also a huge benefit, but not a show stopper if they're missing.

Back