Tascam M-30 preamplifiers

chthoniangod

hello guys i' m new to the forum, i am a possessor of the tascam m-30 mixer, and i would like to share opinions about the pre's of the tascam M-30 mixer. Recently i made some tests with low budget preamps. The preamps on behringer ADA8000, tascam fw-1448, tlaudio ivory,and tascam m-30. I' ve noticed that the preamps of ada-8000 and tascam fw-1448 are really worst in comparison with the ones on tlaudio ivory and the preamps on the tascam m-30. the first one is cloudy and unclear on highs the second one lacks of carity on lows and mids while adds lots of high frequency, the tl-audio sounds clear on every frequency, and has a round "bell" sound wich i like very much, and the m-30 has a great punch and definition on the mids. I was surprised on that, becouse i thought that m-30 was the worst of the whole group of preamps, and the test was intended to prove that behringer pre's were not so bad as they describe it... but... of course they turned to be worst than i expected. really.
tell me what you think about. if anyone of you tested the preamps on m-30... i was really surprised!

No surprises here.

I've not done any literal A/B comparison testing, but I've used the M30 & always thought it sounded fine.:eek:;)

Back