Tascam DP24 Saving Mastered song

C4th

Hi.
Iv just mastered my new song but im having a bit of trouble saving it.
Once i have mastered it (adding comp etc) The manual just tells me to return to Multitrack mode.
But once iv done that my song is in a pre mastered state.
I cant save the song in mastering mode (i dont think?).
So any help on telling me how to save my song once its been mastered would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Your song is saved assuming you actually "recorded" the master. To hear it as you mastered it......just go back using the Mixdown /Mastering button and get to the Master screen and you can hear your master as you recorded it. You can burn that master to a disc and you can find the master file by connecting to a PC via USB (follow the manual). You have a wave file in the "Music" folder you can export.

Ok thanks Mickster. So if i understand correctly. Now that iv recorded the master, i can turn the unit off but once powered back up, the song in its original state(Multitrack mode) and mastered state(Mixdown/Mastering) will remain?
Thanks.

Yup.....that's correct. Going back to the Multitrack mode will allow you to make any changes you want to in the future if you ever feel you need to. Then you would go back to the Mixdown screen again.........record your new mixdown..........go to the Master screen again.........re-master it and record the master and you a would have a new master track. Just keep in mind that the unit overwrites the master each time you re-master.....so......I'd keep back ups if I were you.

Back