TASCAM DP24 (Original)...UNDO BUTTON NOT WORKING

SteveAlton

So a few channels are sketchy and recording lights stick but the unit is workable ...UNTIL NOW

NO UNDO...

That means my playing chops have to be like perfect...The recording process is now WAYYYYYYY more pressure filled...

All I can think of is a FACTORY RESET or INITIALIZE...But in the middle of a project

Thoughts?

I used to use a DP24 and I still have it but I stopped using it when buttons began to work unreliably. Yours seems to be doing the same thing. You could remove the SD card and copy that to a pc as a backup. Then...you could try the factory initialize / reset. The only other thing I can think of is to go to preferences and see what you undo preference is set to. If it's set to one.....try setting it higher.

Good luck.

Assuming you are running the most current firmware and are using a *Tascam approved* SD card (if not - do that first!) - you can certainly try doing a factory reset.

Simply move your song files (found in the "MUSIC" folder of the Tascam directory) to a safe parking spot (a folder on a computer), initialize, and reload your tunage back to the MUSIC folder.

Regarding the UNDO feature - there are two setting for this which can be toggled in the Preferences menu. One is for a single level of Undo, and the other is for 10 levels of Undo (if I remember correctly).

Regarding your buttons... the machine is not simple and easy to take apart (I've been told - have not attempted that as I have not had a reason to after 5 years). But carefully shooting a little Deoxit D5 in/around the problem buttons seems to be a productive fix - as reported by many users.

For the best database and support for these machines - go here: 2488 and DP-24/32 Digital Portastudios | TASCAM Forums

Hope this helps.;)

I used to use a DP24 and I still have it but I stopped using it when buttons began to work unreliably. Yours seems to be doing the same thing. You could remove the SD card and copy that to a pc as a backup. Then...you could try the factory initialize / reset. The only other thing I can think of is to go to preferences and see what you undo preference is set to. If it's set to one.....try setting it higher.

Good luck.

Yes I had checked preferences before and it was 10.

...SO the weirdest thing just happened...I was gonna factory reset & download latest OS (Don't ask...Probably 3 years old OS, thx for the reminder...LOL)
& the darn thing works now....Works after a week of nothing, I threaten action against the machine & she decides to work...

Still gonna do the update...thx guys

Funny that you mentioned having things start working. I have an old Yamaha AW16G that went through a flooded basement about 15 years ago. Its working now, but the other day, for some reason, channel 7 wouldn't play anything. There was a track there but I couldn't get any sound. I figured I would have to disassemble it and clean the faders, so I turned it off to come back the next day. PRESTO! Channel 7 is working fine.

I attribute it to Gremlins! It did start working when the sunlight was shining through the window.

A lot of buttons on my dp32 midi stopped functioning even after replacing them ...at which point I gave up ...on reflection I suspect a faulty ribbon cable might be the problem but the unit is a total mare to open up again to find out.

A lot of buttons on my dp32 midi stopped functioning even after replacing them ...at which point I gave up ...on reflection I suspect a faulty ribbon cable might be the problem but the unit is a total mare to open up again to find out.

I got the UNDO to work again...But the buttons even with sprey is a no-go. There is a authorized TASCAM repair shop here in Los ANgeles. Gonna get it fixed. If it costs me even a few hundred, it is worth it to me.

Back