Tascam DP24 "File Error"

CrisF

Has anyone run into this: Yesterday I was doing some tracks with my DP24 and after muffing around with my footswitch, it came up with a message "Writing Failed". I had to reboot the unit to clear the message, then when I tried to open the song I was working on, it read "File Error" and locked up again. The song file is still listed in the menu listing, but I can't access it. Anybody know a way to retrieve the work I've already done (I was working on the very last track!)?
Thanks

Are you able to access any of the songs on that card? When you connect to a pc via USB are you able to "see" all the files for that song in the MUSIC folder? It's possible your card is corrupted somehow. Is your card maxed out? I know this is the last thing you need someone to mention right now.........but I advise that you save your files to a backup very often.............at least once a session.

I had this problem on my DR-05 with the micro-SD card that came supplied with the unit. Obviously they ship these things with not-the-best SD cards. I swapped out the card with a higher-quality card and never had the problem again. For reference, I use my TASCAM fairly regularly, at least once/week for two hours, usually more. I can get you the make/model of the card I used to replace the original if you want.

Regarding cards, buy from a reputable retailer. There was at one time a bunch of sellers, typically ebay, some on Amazon that were selling counterfeit cards that were nowhere near the quality of the manufacturer they were copying. There were Sandisk cards that looked exactly like the real thing and the only way to check was to get in touch with Sandisk.

Interesting. A few years ago I bought a Sandisk SD card from Amazon to use with my Korg synth. It arrived in an envelope with no blister packaging. I didn't give it any thought at the time. However, it was the ONLY SD card I ever had a problem with, and I've got quite a few of them. Looked just like the real thing to me.

Back