Tascam DP24-32 display on LCD Monitor

prankster

Hi All,

As I am new to the forum, I thought I would offer some help to those using the DP-24 or 32. One of the things that I would like to have seen and I know through reading many forums that this is high on the wish list for a lot of you, is a video out so that you can display the colour screen on a large LCD monitor.

There is a VGA card that can be purchased for the 2488 and Neo which can be installed internally, but unfortunately the guy who makes and sells these can't do the same for the DP24 or 32 due to the way the internals are constructed.

I have however found a relatively inexpensive solution that works well. For around $80 Australian, you can purchase a Webcam designed primarily for projecting books through a laptop and onto a big projection screen. I purchased an "Ipevo" USB webcam which comes with a great adjustable stand. You simply position it over the Tascam display and using the Ipevo software you can do the following.

Adjust the Zoom
Change the screen resolution
Alter the focus or set it to auto focus.
Change the contrast
Flip the image both Horizontal and Vertical or reverse the image.
Take photos or record video.

You can run the software in standard screen size or in full screen. It works great but can be susceptible to external light glare, so I advise using a desk lamp in dark situations.

I find this to be immensely helpful when you are standing away recording a guitar or vocal. I have attached a photo of my unit displayed on a 19" LCD and a photo of the Ipevo Webcam. This Webcam is widely available on ebay and other web stores.

Hope this is of use to some of you. This solution can be used for any Multi-track recorder unlike the VGA card which is limited to a few Tascam models and is more expensive.

DP-32 Display on Monitor.jpg
Ipevo Webcam.jpg

Great idea that doesn't cost a lot or mess with the innards of the recorder. Thanks for posting this :thumbs up:

All good Mark. Hopefully others find this a helpful solution. Not ideal, but I find it works well when standing back and recording vocals etc.

Alex

thanks for the advice I,m going to do the camera thing Tascam did not think this thru < realy like a vga out or a card to update a vga out.<

Back