Tascam DP-32SD - Couple Simple Questions

shiek_yerbouti

Hello,
I'm new to the forum and also new to the DP-32SD. I have a couple of questions I hope you can help me out with.
These are probably operator error, but I can figure them out.

1. When mixing tracks, I can't get the reverb effect to route to Send 1. I can route the reverb to the Master Sends, which then sets a master level across all tracks. I want to be able to set reverb amount per track. I'm sure that must be via Send 1 or 2, but I can't find a way to route the sound that way.

2. When recording, my machine does not go into "Record Standby" mode when I hit the record button. Instead, it starts recording immediately. There must be a setting somewhere for this to get Record Standby to work?

Thanks!
Tony

I did some searching and found the answer to my first question. Apparently you need to have the Master 1 Send Level turned all the way up and then you can adjust the amount of Reverb, Chorus or Delay via the Send 1 knob for each track. I tried it out and it works. I guess I just don't understand the signal routing. Why does the Master Send 1 need to be turned up in addition to the Send 1 level?

Back