Tascam dp 32 compression and effects

Roy Hayes

Hi all, I've just started getting to grips with the dp 32 and I'm trying to put compression on my electronic drums but there's no change in sound when I alter the settings or switch the compressor on and off. This goes for all the dynamic effects and the equalizer too.
I get the feeling I'm missing something simple here.

Roy

Thanks for the reply. I've seen this and a few others but I'm just not getting the dynamic effects coming on. I was wrong about the eq, that is working but I'm getting no response even when the compressor is switched on.

Roy.

Hi Roy -

The "dynamic" effects (which includes the compression effect) can only be applied to the inputs. The Dynamic compression effect cannot be applied to tracks that are already recorded - except by routing those signals to the send bus and then patching that recorded track back to an input and re-recording it with the effect applied as it come back in.

There is a compression effect included in the "Guitar" effects - and that can be inserted in the track signal path of a pre-recorded track. I've never used it - and if I remember right - the guitar compression effect doesn't have as many adjustment parameters as the input dynamic compressor.

There are some limitations with these great recorders - but there is almost always some sort of work around. Watching and absorbing the Tipping videos and understanding the routing by grasping the block diagram is the best way to see the different ways to skin a cat.

There is an active Tascam DP-32 forum if you search.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that, that,s what I was trying to do. I've started again and I've got the compression set up nice now. Cheers for your help guys. :thumbs up:

Roy

Back