Tascam DP-03SD Mastering

Randy T

I have a TASCAM DP-03SD and have been recording songs but have not done any final mixes. My question is, once you create a master can you ever edit the song again by adding new tracks, or is it finalized. I have recorded a song with my granddaughter who is 8 years old. I want to make a Master track, but my dream is to have her sing along on another track when she is around 15 years old. Can I do this, or do I need to save the tracks somewhere on my computer before doing a Master track???

Hi Randy,
I removed the duplicated and moved this down into the Tascam section.

Hopefully you'll get some bites in here.

Welcome to HR! :)

Mix - Tweeking everything from vocals to guitars and drums to make it sound the best you can before making a master track. Maybe it is called something different. I am new to all of this.

Hi Randy,

I'm assuming you have the song (songs) on the SD card which came with your DP-03SD, and you have not exceeded it's storage capacity - so all of your songs are on the card. The Mixes and Master should wind up there also - if there's enough storage left. You'll have to go through the Mix/Mastering process to see if there's room for everything. The display will notify you if there isn't, then you will need to take other steps.

All parts of your song remain intact on the SD card (individual tracks, all mixes and Master).

Whatever you do, do not format or re-format your SD card - this will erase everything.

You could save that SD card until your granddaughter's additional tracks are recorded; you'd have to keep that in a very safe place for the next 7 years. In addition to that, you can EXPORT the individual tracks to a designated folder on your computer for long term storage. When you do this, take special care to EXPORT "TRACK # _ " (one track at a time). Right next to this operation in the menu is EXPORT "MASTER" , you can do that after you have exported your individual tracks. I would make a duplicate copy of the final folder and place that in a another area (accessed via different file path).

When you're ready, just IMPORT the individual tracks back to your DP-03SD (or whatever DAW you may be using at the time) for remixing and adding new tracks .

Last edited:
Spantini thank you for your reply. I made a master track (First one) and I was also able to transfer the individual tracks for safe storage. New Problem!!! I was excited that the Tascam could convert the songs to Wav. files so that I could share my songs with others, but the file is so big (nearly 40 Megs). this will not go to most peoples e-mails it is so large. Any pointers on making the file more manageable?

Such places exist for just this purpose. I use Dropbox.

You can go HERE to create your account - I believe it's still a free service.

I haven't managed my account for awhile, but I believe you can control access to your files by leaving it open to everyone, or restricting it to whomever. My account is set up to allow access only to those whose email addresses I have added - those become their Passwords.

Back