Tascam DP-03SD file reading issues....

ProperVillain9

Hello everyone! A few months ago I purchased a Tascam DP-03SD. It records great and is, in general, easy to use...

However....

I am running into issues getting my files off of the SD card and into my MAC, or any computer for that matter. When I popped the SD card into a card reader the folders would come up, but no audio files. I re-read the directions and discovered that (as many of you already know...) I needed to export my files as WAV files in order for them to show up. Fair enough. I followed the directions in the manual (pg 65) and, much to my chagrin, only saw ONE file available to export. This was the demo song that came on the SD card:(

I have at least 8 songs on the card that show up in the "load song" menu that I have recorded.

I also read this little disclaimer on page 65 "Song tracks that do not have audio recordings are not displayed on the file list"

My question is this:How do I get my song files to be "audio recordings" so I can export them as WAV files to see and copy them to my MAC? it was my understanding that whatever you recorded was automatically an "audio recording". I take it this is not the case. I also cannot find any thing in the
Owner's manual that directly addresses this issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

The DP03 does not write native WAV files to the recorded tracks, but a proprietary format (in a protected partition of the SD card) that your computer won't read. You need to EXPORT TRACKs to get WAV files (automatically converted to WAV), and they'll be in the WAV folder of the SD card. You can also enter MIX DOWN and create a master file as a WAV. Important too, is that if you want to import tracks to the DP03 you'll have to be sure they are in 16-bit, 44.1-kHz mono/stereo WAV

you seem like the man i need

I have the tascam dp03 are my recording compresed ,also will i lose any detectable sound loss in bouncing, editing ,and other events . Much appreciated seanvox
The DP03 does not write native WAV files to the recorded tracks, but a proprietary format (in a protected partition of the SD card) that your computer won't read. You need to EXPORT TRACKs to get WAV files (automatically converted to WAV), and they'll be in the WAV folder of the SD card. You can also enter MIX DOWN and create a master file as a WAV. Important too, is that if you want to import tracks to the DP03 you'll have to be sure they are in 16-bit, 44.1-kHz mono/stereo WAV

I haven't bounced yet, but I have cut sections out - also, I have cloned tracks and have not experienced any sound degradation.

Back