Tascam DP-02CF

stanc

I have just acquired adp-02cf and found that it is not recognized by my windows 10 computer is there a fix for this problem.

What is it you are trying to do? The USB connection is primarily used to export and import tracks in WAV format and as well perform backups of songs. It should show up in Windows Explorer as another drive/mass storage device. You do need to "Open" the device as described in the manual to access it.

https://www.tascam.eu/en/docs/DP-02_DP-02CF_Manual.pdf

The problem is that windows 10 comes up stating it dos not recognise the connection yet on a computer running on XP it is recognised as in the manual, is there a fix of this situation, any help would be appreciated.

Download and install this program >>> View any installed/connected USB device on your system
Download close to bottom of page. Create a folder to unzip to and put the three files in that folder. Run the USBDeview.exe file to open the program.

Once installed, run it and see if there are any instances of the Tascam already installed. Do this without the DP-02CF connected. If you see anything related to the device, select it and then right click the mouse. A menu will open and from that choose 'Uninstall Selected Device' and proceed to uninstall it. This will clear out a possibly failed attempt to connect and possibly allow Win 10 to reinitialize the connection to the DP-02CF.

I don't have a DP-02CF, but do have the DP-24SD. If I get a chance later on today I'll give it a try connecting to a Win10 laptop and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Win 10 with the DP24SD connected after the device is 'opened' in the USB menu. No problems and it did it right away.

I looked at USBDeview after I had the Tascam connected. It did not show anything listed as Tascam, but did show a single memory card mass storage device which may have been the DP24SD card.

Attachments

• dp24sd explorer.jpg
    dp24sd explorer.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 1
Hi Win 10 still did not recognise the dp-02cf I an wondering if the compact flash is at fault I will try on win xp again thanks for your help.

Back