Tascam DP-01FX not working

LamarC

I have a Tascam DP-01FX it will power on and says No HHD found with all lights on without the Harddrive installed. When I install a harddrive (the correct one with correct jumper) it will not power on at all. Is this maybe a power supply issue or what .. Thanks LamarC

I have a Tascam DP-01FX it will power on and says No HHD found with all lights on without the Harddrive installed. When I install a harddrive (the correct one with correct jumper) it will not power on at all. Is this maybe a power supply issue or what .. Thanks LamarC

Are you using the original ac adapter that came with it? I ask because when I owned the same model, I accidentally dropped and cracked the adapter housing, and when I plugged it in, I would always get an error message, preventing me from using it. I thought maybe the hard drive was defective, I only realized the adapter was the cause after I replaced it (with the correct substitute of voltage & current rating)- once it was replaced, it worked fine.

I have the OEM adapter and a new replacement adapter I also have the original harddrive and a replacement both are the same as the original ones. nothing works but with either adapter when I plug it in nothing happens with the unit if I unplug the harddrive either one the unit will come on and the lcd screen says no HHD found please turn off unit.

Back