Tascam DM4800 Automation and Logic Audio 7

GaryJackson

Hi,

Does anyone know why some of the automated features would not work on the tascam dm4800 and logic audio.?

I have most of the automation working, i.e. faders, jog / shuttle, pan, bus sends, etc... HOWEVER the play, stop, record buttons in the automation section (below right on the console) does not work?

As you can see by the pic below those buttons on the DM are not assigned or there is no function next to them. I have the DM set up in logic as mackie control for logic and have followed Tascams setup advice for Logic 7.2 but I still cant get the trasport automation to work on the desk..?

Anyone have any ideas??

photo.jpg

First thing you need to do is set up the desk. Press [ALT] + [REMOTE] which will bring you to the remote setup page. Use [POD 2] Button to bring you to the first screen we need, the machine control page. Using rotary [POD 4] navigate down to where it says MC for logic. use the [cursors] to highlight Add and press [Enter]. Using the [cursor] navigate up to the section that says TRA abve it ad press enter so a little play icon appears in the circle underneath TRA. This basically means that the transport is enabled to control logic.

Back